• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Watanabe PRO 180mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

icanhaschzbrgr

ill-Known Member
Reaction score
I'm continuing thinning my knives collection. Now it's time to pass my beloved and highly praised Watanabe to a new owner. This was my best cutter for a good amount of time. So this knife was used and sharpened and thinned when needed. There are several marks on the cladding, but overall the knife is in great shape. I've just put a fresh edge on it, so it will come to you ready to rock.

Blue #2 core, stainless cladding. Runs a little bit longer then advertised at 185mm, about 46mm at the heel. Handle made from African Bubinga and Blackwood. Saya is made from Maple.

220$ including worldwide shipping and paypal fees. Not the cheapest price but this knife really worth it.

And a short video:
[video=youtube;NjthOqga5is]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjthOqga5is&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Nice one. Just got the 150mm equivalent, or I might have been the first name for this one.

Anton, my friend! What are you doing now? :) This is one of the nicest 180 mm gyutos I've ever touched.

Just kidding. But to any prospective buyer: if you want a knife that's relatively thick at the spine, but thin behind the edge, there is no better one than this one!

The knife is sold, thanks KKF!

Nice one. Just got the 150mm equivalent, or I might have been the first name for this one.
The 150mm is a niiice. I also have one a like it a lot.

Anton, my friend! What are you doing now? :) This is one of the nicest 180 mm gyutos I've ever touched.

Just kidding. But to any prospective buyer: if you want a knife that's relatively thick at the spine, but thin behind the edge, there is no better one than this one!
Thanks, Mark. My only problem with this knife was that it kept me from trying other knives. To keep collection sane I have to sell some knives from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back