D. Martell Felt is on the way!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
We'll have felt pads in stock next week sometime. This is real good stuff - I sprung for the best. I'll post when it arrives. :cool2:

Oh and we'll have felt de-burring blocks available as well.

Any strop bases on the way or just the felt? I would be interested in a base.

I have been wanting to do a base but I don't want to do the same old thing. I have some ideas for something different that I feel would be very useful but it's proving to be more complicated to get done than I had hoped so for the time being I have no plans to sell a strop base.

FWIW, I wouldn't stay away from stropping just because of not having a base available to you. A simple block of wood with felt glued to it can work just great. Anyone who has been to one of my sharpening classes can tell you about this as that's what I use.

Our standard size felt pads will be 11" x 3" in either plain or magnet backed.

The plain felt pad is meant to be glued to a substrate. Can be used as either a replacement or upgrade.

The magnet backed version is compatible with any base that's got a steel plate or magnetic receptive material on it's face (top side) and also bases that are solid steel plates.

The magnetic block is great if you are into to polishing blades; just lay the knife on it for safety. Never cut yourself again at least on single bevels.

Oooooo....felt is in the house. I'll have it up on the site tomorrow afternoon.

Felt is in stock.

Due to the large number of in stock requests, as well as the small amount I actually got in, I thought it best to be fair and put a limit on 2 pads per customer.

*I do have more felt on order but have no idea when it will arrive.

Update>

I've heard from India and I should be getting more felt in by the end of September/early October. As usual it'll be first come first served although I'm considering doing a pre-order this time to be fair as possible. What do you guys think about that?

PS - I'll get diamond sprays in as well.

I would be interested in a couple of felt pads of that size.

I would definitely be interested, depending on how badly the aussie dollar tanks between now and then

Dave, the link you provided above brings me to an empty page.

Dave, which abrasives do you recommend for use with these pads?

I've come to like diamond sprays. The new 3 micron (green) diamond spray I'm selling is my current favorite for felt. It really makes for a bitey edge yet isn't so aggressive as to create a burr and still allows for good push cutting.

Back