FS: Macassar Ebony And Marble Horn

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hattorichop

Reaction score
IMG_5159.JPG

IMG_5170.JPG
IMG_5172.JPG
IMG_5167.JPG

I'm offering this macassar ebony with marble buffalo horn handle for sale for $190USD.
This handle would fit great on a 270 gyuto or possibly even a cleaver.

It measures 17x22 at the ferrule and 18x23.5 at the end. It is 153mm long.

Gorgeous handle Karl. I love the Macassar and horn together.

Thanks, this handle show cases a lot of the influence I picked up from hanging around tosho.

The inlays are so perfect it's blowing my mind how you did that. Awesome handle Karl!

I'm so sorry but I have to back out of the sale. I misread the measurements and it is too big for my 205mm Hinoura.

Sorry for getting your hopes up HattoriChop. Good luck with finding a buyer for this beautiful piece.

The inlays are so perfect it's blowing my mind how you did that. Awesome handle Karl!

Thanks Dave! The folks at Tosho had a handle which had a bone inlay in the butt of the handle just like that. That was the first time I've tried that, I'm now doing it with metal also.

While looking at the handle from different angles the marble horn dowels in the side's of the handle become almost invisible.

Actually this handle would be perfect for a 270mm gyuto, I feel it would be a bit large for s yanagiba or sujihiki.
Anything like that kicking around Tanner:wink:

Man that handle works so well together its beautiful and subtle.

Actually this handle would be perfect for a 270mm gyuto, I feel it would be a bit large for s yanagiba or sujihiki.
Anything like that kicking around Tanner:wink:
I guess there are different preferences for handle sizes… on a 300-330 Yanagi/Suji it'd be the perfect length and height/width IMO, I personally prefer gyutos with the big @$$ Sanjo sized handles. I remember the 270 K-tip had a handle that was 30x25 and about a buck-fifty in length

Man that handle works so well together its beautiful and subtle.
That exactly what I like about it as well. Looks amazing without being too "loud" if you know what I mean

Back