Page 107 of 113 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1121

Thread: YouTube Knuckleheads

is that for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmnms View Post
    This should be in the awesome thread! Dickens Cider!

Quote Originally Posted by scotchef38 View Post
    What is with the fresh Basil?Why is it crunchy and why doesnt it look like Basil?
    Seems to be oregano (right) and cale (left).

Since we're all here and having fun at this, I felt I'd better put my video up here just in case anyone decides to find it and classify me as a youtube knucklehead (I could be sometimes )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ4cWijwKoU

Quote Originally Posted by Sherski View Post
    Since we're all here and having fun at this, I felt I'd better put my video up here just in case anyone decides to find it and classify me as a youtube knucklehead (I could be sometimes )

Beter move this to awesome. Thanks for posting anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Sherski View Post

I know very little about about katsuramuki but your cutting is impressive, especially since you're not using a usuba. What knife are you using and what stones progressions do you use for you edge?

Quote Originally Posted by PushCut View Post
    I know very little about about katsuramuki but your cutting is impressive, especially since you're not using a usuba. What knife are you using and what stones progressions do you use for you edge?
    It really is just practice,and knowing the mechanics of the cut. Jon would probably be a much better person to scrutinize my technique hahaha. I don't have the money nor the need for an usuba so I just made due with my aoko suminagashi yanagiba which I picked off Yoshihiro. When I first bought it,I bought it cause I liked the Yew handle/blonde ferrule combo, I like the fact I could get my name engraved on it (I'm actually Chinese and the name characters are the same as they are in kanji). And it was somewhat affordable for a good steel yanagiba with all the things I was looking for.
    So to be frank,the OOTB edge was s**ty. And I had to do the necessary adjustments to the shinogi,uraoshi,hamon line,and then of course,the edge USING the following combination

Chosera 1000grit green, Shapton glass 4000grit,arashiyama 6000grit and a random leather belt from my wardrobe (but oddly enough it works).

I didn't want to presume to put myself in the awesome category, but since my friends and I have been called worse than "knuckleheads," this seemed about right.

Disclaimer: I may look like an idiot - I may even be an idiot - but I'm a well-trained idiot. Everyone involved takes this way more seriously than it looks. It takes countless hundreds of hours of practice to look this reckless with a reasonable expectation of safety.

Simple tricks with a fixed blade:

My friend Kenny at, functionally, his 6th or 7th day training:

Catching knives shot out of a cannon (this one got us on the SyFy channel for some reason):

Was that blood on Kenny's right hand in the second video?

Nope, no bleeding from him that day.

His first day that we recorded, yes. That day, no, hah.