Quantcast
YouTube Knuckleheads - Page 32
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: YouTube Knuckleheads

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    i love an awful lot of his recipes.
    I haven't found a bad one yet. I also don't know what you mean by "reguritating info he gets from other sources in his own lingo and then comes across as claiming it as his own." I've never seen him do that, and unless you are a researcher in a particular field don't you just 'regurgitate info you get from other sources.'

I do feel that a cookbook I previously LOVED, I'm Just Here for the Food, is completely replaced in my life with On Food and Cooking. But I can totally see why someone needed to bridge the gap between Harold McGee and Rachael Ray.

Every recipe from Alton I've tried is fabulous, especially because if you watch the episode with it, you don't have to follow the recipe exactly! His Apple Pie recipe doesn't yield enough crust dough, for example, but you aren't just floundering in your kitchen trying to increase proportions, you actually have a sense of why the ingredients are in it and what they are doing. Sure, he's a pop culture goofball, but he and I have eerily similar tastes and childhood food memories.

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    That's some funny s**t Tom!
    +1

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by mpukas View Post
    Yeah I agree, he's good for educating the general public. I used to LOVE Good Eats, and I've learned a lot from him, about food, chemistry, etc. But he's basically reguritating info he gets from other sources in his own lingo and then comes across as claiming it as his own (not that we, as individuals, don't do that ourselves). Not that I have a problem w/ capitalism by any means, but I find it off-putting his plug for Shun based on his success. I don't think he has a contract with them any longer. What ever happen to Alton's Angle knives? I used to like AB a lot, but in the last couple of years I find he has become an arrogant, pompous ass. He was nicer and much funnier when he was young and chubby. And he's a terrible cook. Hence, he gets Knucklehead Listed!
    Heck, I learned about Shun Knives from his endorsement. And one thing led to another....

He's always been open, where he has gotten his ideas, from Jeff Smith to Shirley Corriher, to restaurants that he has visited. What I appreciate about him, is his ability to explain the role each ingredient plays in a dish, to why a technique is important.

In the Good Eats cookbooks some of the recipes that appeared on the show, viewers wrote in about problems. I thought it showed, he cared enough about the product, that the recipes were reviewed again, the cause of problems identified, and revised recipes offered.

Jay

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    That's some funny s**t Tom!
    Yeah I watched this with my wife and she says "you notice how almost every dumb*** in this is a man, not a woman?"

Yes dear,

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    Yeah I watched this with my wife and she says "you notice how almost every dumb*** in this is a man, not a woman?"

Yes dear,
    Bet you they are almost all married though.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Awww Hell, I know you didn't just Star Wars me!!!! I'm the biggest Star Wars nerd I know........much to the wife's dismay. I'm forbidden to get any more Star Wars tattoos. I'm this close to selling some of my giant Star Wars collection off for knives though............

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    I'm forbidden to get any more Star Wars tattoos.
    I'll believe this when I see it.

I'm not anymore, but when I was a boy....you'd be shocked how much I knew and focused on Star Wars. Basically it was all Star Wars until Lord of the Rings came into my life. I was fortunate enough to be into both before they hit theaters in my life, so I got to experience the full effects of fandom!

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post
    I'm not anymore, but when I was a boy....you'd be shocked how much I knew and focused on Star Wars. Basically it was all Star Wars until Lord of the Rings came into my life. I was fortunate enough to be into both before they hit theaters in my life, so I got to experience the full effects of fandom!
    Why can't girls like star wars as much as us guys? What changed for you?

+ Reply to Thread