Quantcast
YouTube Knuckleheads - Page 67
Page 67 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: YouTube Knuckleheads

I teach some cooking classes for a local non-profit...occasionally someone calls me chef during those classes. I never say anything as it's not the right time, but it bugs the crap out of me. Ive never worked a minute in a restaurant, much less a line, much less run one. People just have no clue anymore. They think that because everyone is entitled to an opinion, all opinions must carry the same weight and value.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

I had a recessed sink in my last apartment and I really liked being able to get my cutting board right up to the edge / over the edge. I grew up with a commercial kitchen sink that had 2 side-by side bowls that where each big enough for a hotel pan and deep enough to soak any size pot. It's one of the things that I miss most and a must-have for when I build my own kitchen in my next home.

I think that that the galley sink is a cool idea, but for between $3800 and $7000... you could get some custom fabrication done that would be way cooler.
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    I don't know about the rest of you, but it really pisses me off the way the term "Chef" has become a catch-all phrase for anyone who has ever prepared a meal.

Disgusting.

I definitely agree with you, but nowadays there are even some kitchens where all kitchen staff refer to one another as "chef." That bothers me, chef is a french word, it means boss...if everyone is leading the brigade than I don't know who to listen to.
    "There's more to cooking than opening a can, CAN I SAY THAT CHEF?!"

which is why i'm a fan of marco pierre white's preference to be called "just" marco.

and he still gets his respect.

i'm not much of a fan that he promotes knorr products in the UK though. i hate anything instant.

Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Single bevel knife. facepalm.

5.32 that knife is so dull.

That was painful to watch.

WOW, I am an amateur and that was rough to watch for me!

I couldn't finish watching that. No gloves, and he's wearing a watch while handling chicken- do they teach that in culinary school as well?
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Has this gentleman seen a chicken before, let alone butchered one. I understand its supposed to be a video review for home cook to professionals, but come on all he does is maneuver that knife around so awkwardly for almost 10 minutes!

Then you go and watch Martin Yan do it in under 20 seconds and you wonder what in the world this guy did for the other 8 and a half minutes.
    "There's more to cooking than opening a can, CAN I SAY THAT CHEF?!"

Hack-hack-saw-saw. And what was the point of the cross cut on the back?
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig