Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News! Documentary on Japanese Knife Making Coming Soon

Breaking News! Documentary on Japanese Knife Making Coming Soon

Springhammer is an upcoming documentary filmed by Edmonton food blogger and local food hero Kevin Kossowan and the Executive Producer is Kevin Kent of Knifewear!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srsfe...ature=youtu.be

He's talking about tamahagane? I don't care what they want to show us, I'll be watching for sure.

+1

It was funny how he clarified at the end with, "in the world, basically, it's the purest of its kind."

Tatara bloom steel is not all that pure. Low-alloy, sure, but not pure.

Excited!
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

production quality looks great.ill be tuning in for sure. im excited that a lot of documentaries are being filmed on cooking, i'd love if there was more videos made about cooking the way that action sports make videos about what their athelets are doing. I love the 60-75 minute documentary on a kitchen somewhere or a food source like tuna and sushi.

Would love to see this! I hope its as nice as the documentary about Jiro and his Sushi restaurant, I love the Japanese way of looking at things and working on them until reaching perfection (which in the view of the artisan is never).

Coming soon? Can anyone narrow that down a little closer?

Update! SPRINGHAMMER premiered at the Edmonton International Film Festival at the end of September. I got a chance to see it there and it was awesome! I believe it was just shown in Calgary and will have showings in the other cities that have Knifewear stores. I heard rumours of a DVD and Vimeo release but don't know any dates yet.