Page 4 of 113 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: YouTube Knuckleheads

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post

Win!
    I was wondering where "santuku" guy was.

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

How do you know when you knife not sharp? When you can't cut sumpin wid it!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

My dad has that exact same Sabatier knife. Sharpens up like a dream. I took it from never-sharpened-in-25-years to fresh face shaver in about 15 minutes a few months back, and it's still that way(my dad doesn't cook a lot).

I really wonder why these cooks live their whole lives, well into their 40s, and NEVER question why the stupid rod rubbing nonsense isn't working--why the tomato is smashing and why onions make you cry till you can't see, and why herbs go black in 20 minutes. That is what led me to the forums, the nagging insistence that somewhere, someone had to have figured it out, because scraping a $20 knife on a $5 rod just wasn't making a bit of difference. Gordon Ramsay is a brilliant marketer, and has a great sense of insight into how a restaurant is run and staffed--but he knows, as he would say, f***-all about knives.

HOW DO THEY STAY KNUCKLEHEADS THEIR ENTIRE LIVES?!?!?!

I'm nominating this guy for being a clueless knucklehead who's clearly nothing more than one of those teenage instant internet expert/product tester/reviewers (aka - product shill) with nothing to do on summer school break but to make YouTube videos. Bought first knife a month ago, made video, made another video, made more videos, then retailer sends him knives to evaluate, now more videos, then sharpening equipment is sent for evaluation, more-more more videos and even a t-shirt makes an appearance. One moth later - instant expert is made. Enjoy the commercials.....

************** aka Soulfly711

Low blow. Some things shouldn't be talked about.

I can't tell you how many members videos I've bitten my tongue on.

Yeah you're right but while I'm at it here's another low blow, I nominate Mark's Sharpening for Noobies series as knucklehead worthy too but this really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who's seen these videos.
    Last edited by Dave Martell; 08-03-2011 at 02:49 PM.

I'd agree those are open to criticism.

This thread makes me as happy as the ugly knife thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    I'm nominating this guy for being a clueless knucklehead who's clearly nothing more than one of those teenage instant internet expert/product tester/reviewers (aka - product shill) with nothing to do on summer school break but to make YouTube videos. Bought first knife a month ago, made video, made another video, made more videos, then retailer sends him knives to evaluate, now more videos, then sharpening equipment is sent for evaluation, more-more more videos and even a t-shirt makes an appearance. One moth later - instant expert is made. Enjoy the commercials.....

************** aka Soulfly711
    He does seem a quick study, I must say. I didn't know my a$$ from a hole in the ground a month after getting a good knife. The constant Nike-style "this product is the ULTIMATE" mentality drives me nuts though. I spent 3 months at work and home sharpening my knives exclusively on nail buffers from a beauty supply shop earlier this year just to learn from it. People have been cooking since prehistory, and detergent based CBN paste on a magnetic horse leather strop has been around less than a decade. Good? Perhaps. Worthy of filming on Youtube? Probably not.