Page 23 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: YouTube Knuckleheads

All the talk about the virtues of junk bread knives brought back some memories of late-night infomercials of "chef" (knucklehead) Tony and his "miracle blades." Anyone else remember this guy? Looks like he's got a newer version, now with "riveted handles" and even more miraculousness.
    Dave will of course appreciate the guest appearance of Ramsey's boyfriend (Chef Scott)- I guess this tells us a bit about their core demographic.

If you note at 6:20 the animation clearly shows that those fancy new handles can survive a range of +2000F to -427F

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by Justin0505 View Post
    All the talk about the virtues of junk bread knives brought back some memories of late-night infomercials of "chef" (knucklehead) Tony and his "miracle blades." Anyone else remember this guy? Looks like he's got a newer version, now with "riveted handles" and even more miraculousness.
    Dave will of course appreciate the guest appearance of Ramsey's boyfriend (Chef Scott)- I guess this tells us a bit about their core demographic.

If you note at 6:20 the animation clearly shows that those fancy new handles can survive a range of +2000F to -427F
    "A set of knives so good they are called World Class."
    What the...

"I love them so much, I can't stop eatin'!"
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

"This is one shawp knife. We gotta a draw fuladese tings."

uh oh...

Shibui - simplicity devoid of unnecessary elements

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    wow I was waiting for her pinkey finger to go over the tip of the blade. More board fiber anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by mpukas View Post
    uh oh...

This is just standard kitchen store B.S. It's outdated, it's not all true, it's wrong for about 40-60% of cooks, and it's going out of style fast--I'm doing my part to speed that along.

It's all so clear now.........
    push-push-push........
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

This is perfect example of why new-skool german/american knife shapes suck - she has to lift the handle of the knife so high to get the tip on the board, it almost looks like she's standing on her tippy-toes!
    Shibui - simplicity devoid of unnecessary elements

Some would argue that is because her counter is too high for her. The prep tables at my job hit me square in the jewels.