Konosuke HD2 - impossible to get?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
HI guys,

I've been trying to get an HD2, either Nakiri or Petty (at least 150 mm). I had no idea they are so hard to get. Emailed with Kono directly, but they are kind of saying it will take months to get them back to distributors, they also say that they don't have any for a friend of mine to purchase directly from them in Japan ...

I considered buying a Gyuto, but bought two different ones instead, so I am not looking to get another Gyuto right now... still want an HD2 though. Any idea how to get one? I am in Europe all the time, so either there, US or Canada would work.

I tried Tosho, Knifewear and the usual US sources.

Cheers
Steffen

Hi

did you consider Gesshin Ginga/Ashi Hamono from JKI or Sakai Yusuke from bluewayjapan (ebay)? It is swedish stainless but still quite hard at 61 and with fine grain structure.

JKI has a 150 petty with a western handle in stock or you could find a large 180mm Ashi Hamono Wa-Nakiri at bernalcutlery.

Alex

Pick up a Konosuke GS. It is just as anorexic as the HD2. I just sold one, not because there was anything wrong with the knife, but because I couldn't find a niche for it in my working kit.

Back