Cheap Yen finds

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys

With yen being cheap, I was hoping someone more experienced could show me some options from Japan. I was looking at few misono's for myself/friends but I know there is much more out there. Just, with my limited knowledge of the sources/search parameters & not knowing what's the good price, it's risky.

Foe example: i wanted to get myself a misono ux10 petty, which seems to be almost 50% cheaper there (before shipping) than from US Vendors. No specific brand/knife preference, as these will be for home cooks. If more comfortable, please PM me

TIA :)

Hi guys

With yen being cheap, I was hoping someone more experienced could show me some options from Japan. I was looking at few misono's for myself/friends but I know there is much more out there. Just, with my limited knowledge of the sources/search parameters & not knowing what's the good price, it's risky.

Foe example: i wanted to get myself a misono ux10 petty, which seems to be almost 50% cheaper there (before shipping) than from US Vendors. No specific brand/knife preference, as these will be for home cooks. If more comfortable, please PM me

TIA :)

If you want to take advantage of strong dollar at the moment, unless you have a irresistibly tempting knife to purchase, I would wait it out a little more as the dollar will get stronger against yen and euro. ^^

If you want to take advantage of strong dollar at the moment, unless you have a irresistibly tempting knife to purchase, I would wait it out a little more as the dollar will get stronger against yen and euro. ^^

ya, I am not in a rush and likely would be a lower end purchase but my friends maybe into a few knives. I think we wanted a shig 210-240mm but I am not sure where to even look for one

ya, I am not in a rush and likely would be a lower end purchase but my friends maybe into a few knives. I think we wanted a shig 210-240mm but I am not sure where to even look for one
In Japan, other than rakuten, http://item.rakuten.co.jp/nzshinkai/c/0000000102/ ,
I don't know anywhere else either as I don't speak Japanese.
AFAIK, JNS is the only steady source of a Shigefusa. Good luck for your search.

Anyway, as far as a petty is concerned, I wouldn't go for an expensive one. These little devils have a small contact area with the board, get some abuse perhaps, will dull soon, be sharpened often and wear quickly.

Anyway, as far as a petty is concerned, I wouldn't go for an expensive one. These little devils have a small contact area with the board, get some abuse perhaps, will dull soon, be sharpened often and wear quickly.

I do have few other petti's so I dont think it'll be an issue. I wanted to try ux10 just to see how I like it and the prices happened to be very good.

Back