Sous Vide Sous vide options.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know there are many of them but I wanted to get some info on your favorites... I would probably use a 20qt stock pot for my sous vide. I'll cut opening in the lid if I need to. Space is a huge concern, that's why I went with stock pot over a plastic container (it's shallower but much larger).

I want to stay below $300 but below $200 would even be better. I know there are 2 different anova's out there but I heard some negatives of DOA units and horrendous CS.

What else is out there? I am not a DYI and would prefer a solution that's near turnkey.

TIA :)

I've had only positive experiences with my Anova One for the past year. I've used it for short bursts as well as day long cooking sessions and 72 hour short ribs with no issues at all.

Anova not only works well - ease of use, accuracy, reliability - it also has established a very good customer service reputation. (Unless you get Shermie on the phone but that's another story...) I had an infant mortality failure on my first unit and immediately got a FedEx return authorization and as soon as my failed unit entered the FedEx system a new one was shipped. The whole thing was quick and painless. With new technology/design these things happen and I've heard nothing but good when they happen to Anova products.

A 12 qt cambro is my vessel of choice. I have two lids for it, one has a cutout for the circulator and one is intact for brining, marinades, etc. Occasionally use a larger cambro for bigger/longer product.

20141221_162809.jpg

2 3/4" hole for V1 model. 2 1/2" hole for V2 model. Cut out "ears" with Dremel.

20140903_173914.jpg

But as far as newsletters go, I like Nomiko's the best.:cool2:

I have the Anove original and have used it a few dozen times with no problem. I too use a 12 quart and it I need bigger I use a cooler. The Anova is built like a tank.

Back