Thread: David Rosengarten

David Rosengarten

What can you tell me about David Rosengarten's new book on Japanese knives? I just received a link to a book signing at the Korin on my facebook page. Always interested in more knowledge on this subject. Thanks,

Hi!

Mr. Rosengarten gathered information from various Japanese restaurant supply companies to make a buyers guide for Japanese knives. He spent 4 days at Korin with Korin's owner and our knife sharpener to get as much information as he can. It goes over some history, background and specifics about many Japanese knives.

During the book signing party, you can get a free copy if you make a purchase of over $100 (in-store and online). Attendees are also going to be offered a promotional code to save 20% on an annual subscription to the Rosengarten report.

Korin has a downloadable sample of the first 3 pages if you're interested.
    http://korin.com/events/davidrosengarten

It's in his newsletter, not a standalone book, no?

Also, I wonder if Mari can arrange the discount on the newsletter for anybody who buys knives that day, not just people in attendance...

It's actually a standalone book. Not too long, but packed with information. When you subscribe, you can choose to get a digital copy or a hard copy.

Yea, I can see what I can do if you're interested in subscribing. No problem.

Nice video with Vincent too showcasing a few sweet blades

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucho Bocho View Post
    Nice video with Vincent too showcasing a few sweet blades

Oh yea! You can see Vincent kind of in action.

Mr. Rosengarten and Vincent also went to Brush Stroke for a knife demonstration with the executive chef there.

https://vimeo.com/davidrosengarten/brushstrokesushi

If you're ever in NY and you're looking for some interesting kaiseki-esq food, I highly recommend it. Their food is absolutely delicious.