ECG 2015 - May 3 in Arlington, VA

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThEoRy

Founding Member
Reaction score
What's the word on this guys? Anyone have any plans? What's going on?

Still looking at holding it here in the DC area. The weekend stereo.pete is coming to town has been passed around (May 2/3), but since he is actually going back home on that Saturday afternoon he won't be around for it anyway. I know that weekend works well for me, though.

For you pros who may drive up/ down for this, is Saturday or Sunday better? Travis and Kostantinos have already said they can only make a Sunday event. I think marc can make either, but Sunday is better for him as well.

I'm gonna try to make it. I'll probably take the train up and see if I can crash in Travis' catbox if the offer still stands.

My sister In law runs a farmers market on Sunday mornings on the lawn of the capital building. I'm pretty sure that's where it is.

I am still up for hosting it, and my kids are excited because the idea of missing church makes them smile! Dates are flexible but I will post our preferences in th4 next day or two, but of course we will be open to having it on the date most people can attend. We have one spare bedroom with a double and separate full bath, but we also have a sofa and an office above the garage that could sleep some people if they wanted to come into town Sat.

Oh man... So many people I would absolutely love to meet and see are going... I'll be sure to keep that weekend free and try to make it this year!

Is the location still pending or is it in DC?

I'm going to be down fishing in Shenandoah NP with friends that weekend. Depending on where and when the soirée takes place, I may be able to stop by on the way home to MD.

Alright, after checking with the social coordinator (my lovely and understanding wife) we are set for a Sunday May 31 get together.:bliss:

With stereopete in town that weekend but leaving on Sunday we also thought it would be fun to do something Saturday. For the members who are traveling longer distances and want to spend the night that is okay too. We have only one spare bedroom but have lots of room for sleeping bags.

We live about a mile from the East Falls Church metro stop so it is pretty easy to get downtown if you are here long enough and want to check it out.

I will provide beer, wine and food, although if you have a favorite beeer , wine or dish you want to share that is welcome of course.

Alright, after checking with the social coordinator (my lovely and understanding wife) we are set for a Sunday May 31 get together.:bliss:

With stereopete in town that weekend but leaving on Sunday we also thought it would be fun to do something Saturday. For the members who are traveling longer distances and want to spend the night that is okay too. We have only one spare bedroom but have lots of room for sleeping bags.

We live about a mile from the East Falls Church metro stop so it is pretty easy to get downtown if you are here long enough and want to check it out.

I will provide beer, wine and food, although if you have a favorite beeer , wine or dish you want to share that is welcome of course.

I thought stereopete was in town 4/30-5/2. Has this changed?

Yep, same question. May 3 is the Sunday of the weekend stereo.pete will be here. That being said, both May 3 and May 31 work for me. I happy to help out with food, etc., too.

Fingers crossed 5/31 is a typo. I'm out of town 5/31 and was hoping to make this, especially considering it's ~1 mile from my place.

I just moved to DC, so this is great news. Looking forward.

Just wanted to get clarification on where exactly the ECG will be. Thanks!

Bill will have to provide an address as the date nears, but I know it is in the Ballston/ Virginia Hospital area of Arlington.

I am keeping fingers crossed that this weekend works for me. Looking forward to this!

Adam

Yes it will be at my house. For those familiar with Arlington it is near the Westover Beer Garden. If you are coming pm me and I will send you the address. This will help with getting a count of who will be here so I know how much food, beer and wine to have on hand.

For those coming in from out of town the Beer Garden is an addition to the Westover Market which started out as a standard small local grocery store you went to for the last minute things you needed. The son got involved and pushed his parents to start carrying more types of beer about 12 years ago. The store became known for their beer selection , which kept growing and growing; it now occupies the entire back wall of the store and about a third of the right side of the store. They now offer over 1,000 beers in stock.:bliss:

About 5 years ago they open the Beer Garden where they have live music, TV's for sporting events, and of course - beer on tap. The food they offer is good, not great.

Bill, count me in. I will get your address/ directions from Dave. Super stoked!

I'm considering making the drive from Raleigh, looks to be about 4.5 hours or so. Easy. Are their any other carolina boys that want to share the trip with me: Knerd or China are you going?

I've got a load of fresh charcuterie for the event.

Back