27 cm D2 Wa-sujihiki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone see Pierre's latest work. A 27 cm wa-sujihiki in D2.

Handle of G10, mammoth tooth and some of Craig Stevens' spalted Marcian Masur birch burl.

Specs and review to follow when I get it in my hands.

2f0c48ac.jpg

45077384.jpg

026a675e.jpg

21defec0.jpg

8dd07a88.jpg

6db92cb6.jpg

All I see is a giant pile of garbage.

....right underneath that Canadian dream suji!

Nice pull! That is a serious looker, and I would LOVE to hear how it does with a toothy sharpening job on some crusty barbeque.

This is just getting silly...
You're making works of art seem too easy Pierre!
Mammoth tooth anyone? :D

Cool-looking knife! I normally don't like so many layers in the handle. That one's quite nice!

Here's some more information:

Its a 270mm 3/32" CPM D2 (powder metalurgy version, so finer grain size) at HRC 61-62 Handrubbed to 1000 grit

Rounded spine and choil, full distal taper, slight convex grind

G10 ferulle, white vulcanized fiber, stainless, mammoth spacers, birch burl handle, G10 end cap, with vulcanized fiber and stainless spacers. Mosaic pin.

Balance point at front of handle.

Yowza, Rick, with this and the joke prize, you are on a roll!
That knife is just sooooo sick. You had better do some serious cooking with that puppy!

Really nice! Congratulations!

I also am eager to hear how it does on a crusty Brisket.

Sounds like some nice slicer specs. Looking forward to the review!

Cool-looking knife! I normally don't like so many layers in the handle. That one's quite nice!

Double that. I do like simplicity and pure designs, but this handle is a very nice exception. It works remarkably well. The blade is, as usual from Pierre, very nicely excecuted and beautifully finished. Just can't wait to see what I have in the coming...

DarKHOeK

Great order Rick, she's a beaut.

I particularly like your butt, nice touch Pierre.

I happen to like D2 quite well, I'm sure you will be pleased with it's performance. People tend to overthink things too much in their quest for "the perfect steel," and disregard this one. Good on ya for giving it a go.

Very Very Nice,I do love some mammoth tooth.Great score Rick.

Latest posts

Back