It's official

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salty dog

Reaction score
I can officially call myself an artist.

I've been commissioned to do this in 40 x 40. This is a practice piece.
She lives in Florida. Lime in the coconut. (Lame)

Great painting Scott. I can see why she wanted it. You are a man of many talents.

Yes in oils. And it's been a pain in the butt. From now on, I'll do what I like and let the chips fall where they may.

Another practice in patience and humility.

It's like "I want more saffron in my Bouillabaisse." Or I want cheddar in my Alfredo kind of thing.

always liked the photography you posted... its nice to see you refining your talents even further

+1

I've seen it dozens of times. Love the sound track as well.

The death scene of Roy in the rain holding the dove after he has spared the life of Decker. Movie's have had plenty death moments. This ranks as one of the best ever on film.

Agreed.

Finished the last one. I must be in a mania. Started another. 30 x40.

Coconut/lime wasn't so much my thing...but the freaking tree is cool!

I've got movies on the brain since that bladerunner vid. Did you ever see Lust For Life. 1956 Kirk Douglas plays Vincent Van Gogh. He even looks like him. TCM had it on couple nights ago. Anthony Quinn plays Paul Gauguin.

There have been several movies about Van Gogh. This one is my favorite, both actors are great in it. All those yellow wheat fields.

I'll have to check it out. Van Gogh is one of my favorites.

To further my Saltyhood I'd like you to meet Alex. I recently adopted him at the local Humane Society. He was found in an abandoned grocery store. In short, he was in bad shape. When rescued it was discovered he also had FIV and Feline Leukemia. (FIV is the cat version of HIV)

No brainer.
He's a great cat. He felt compelled to be in this photo.

Salty what the hell did you do to that cats hair and more importantly what knife did you use in the process!

They had to shave him because of his matted fur. They gave him a "Lion Cut".
My last cat passed away while I was at the Midwest gathering. He was 20 yo

Congrats on the artwork commissions! Also, awesome cat Scott, thanks for sharing.

This coming from someone who has been around the block a time or two.......When you stop amazing yourself you start to die.

Back