Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harbor Freight Belt Sander

I was asking if you were joking about a cheap Harbor Freight grinder actually being 3 phase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hattorichop View Post
    No, not joking at all. I've been a licensed electrician for 10 years.
    Three phase motors will run in reverse buy switching 2 phases of a three phase motor.
    If you want to change the direction often I recommend purchasing a forward reversing starter witch will cost a couple of hundred dollars but will save you from having to swap wires back and forth every time you want to change the motor rotation.
    If it is single phase you are sool.

Hobbyist Craftsman
    Ahh.......gottchya!
    Just trying to help!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Here's a HF sander with a water bottle mounted on it.....only $399!

http://www.h2osharp.com/howitworks.html
    Oh my gosh.

I actually think that is illegal. You can't buy a $30 HF sander, a $5 water bottle, and a $4 belt and sell it for 1000% what you paid and claim it is your invention.

Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    Yeah his has a sweet handle and frame. I just throw shop towels under mine to keep it from scooting off the table, because if you are pushing enough to rock it around, you're pushing too hard and you'll stop the motor anyways.
    So all you only have to put the sander on its back? That seems like an easy solution. Thanks.
    I had hoped that Hattorichop's suggestion might work, keeping the unit more stable.

Sorry, Ryan. I didn't think of putting my sharpening question under knifemaking.

Joe

I refute that assertion and as proof refer you to the aforementioned razrknife.com website. Have fun and no mods, this is not advertising. it is casting aspersions upon a con man and providing free entertainment for the members. I am not associated in any way with Mr. J. Lighting and furthermore am ashamed and disgusted that he lives in my fair state.
    Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    Oh my gosh.

I actually think that is illegal. You can't buy a $30 HF sander, a $5 water bottle, and a $4 belt and sell it for 1000% what you paid and claim it is your invention.