Bench grinder recommendation

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chuckles...you've gone Chuckie! Yikes on the new image! That is one scary clown! :eek2:

But love the knife:)

I think I remember him showing a picture of a cheaper model in the video. I have Grizzly 1x42 with a 9" disc on the side. I am pretty happy with it. Harbor Freight is the place to go for the cheapest one.

Last time I got belts I got them here: http://trugrit.com

I love my Kalamazoo 1x42. If you look around you can find them for around $250. With the Baldor motor it will last forever.

Are you looking for something for knife sharpening, knife making, or handle making? Do you want to sharpen, polish, remove stock, or shape handles? It all depends on your budget and space in your workshop among other things.

Handle making and some knife rehabbing like working on the heels of the old carbons I have gotten into. I like using stones and using a belt grinder to sharpen actually scares me, steel only comes off after all :)

Also no knife making.

I was looking at some of the ones that combine a belt with a disk for example a jet but wanted to tap KKF's collected wisdom, are the Jet's any good, the reviews on Amazon are mixed..

an awesome belt grinder is definitely something that i will invest, sooner or later:D

I have one of the generic $30 grinders from Harbor Freight. I've dropped it on the floor 2 or so times, made 25 sayas and such with it, and it still runs. It's definitely worth its cost.

Latest posts

Back