Orchard Steel?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparklepony

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Was gonna pull the trigger on one of these knives. Haven't seen any chit chat about them but they appear to be some quality blades. The style is very different as is the handle. What do you guys think?

http://orchardsteel.com

I have no experience with them in general but she was working for cut Brooklyn before she went on her own the profile looks cool and she uses some good steel all depends on the heat treat, and they seem rather pricey

No thanks. Profile looks really flat with a bull nose tip. I'd spend that kind of money on a proven vendor here like Devin, Marko or Dave.

For what it's worth... I talked to her quite often. I want someone in NYC to make a custom knife for me that I hand down to my son when he turns 18. Don't ask me why, but I want it to be made in NYC... That leaves only a few as far as I know. Zieba (met him at knife show), Cut Brooklyn (was at his shop), Orchard and Chelsea Miller. Both ladies were great in replying, but neither one was able to offer handling or even seeing one of their knives in person. I understand that they do not have a shop, but for that kind of money I either want a proven maker or touch the knife. I was able to do that with Zieba and Cut.

Side note: any recommendations/experience with NYC makers? Still didn't pull the trigger. It's a very personal matter for me with this specific project....

Back