• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Fujiwara Teruyasu Maboroshi 165 mm Nakiri

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My first post in this section. Still pretty new to the forum, if you are interested to learn who you're dealing with, I finally got around to writing a post in the introduction/new member section the other day ;)

Anyhow, I got this knife straight from the maker, as I really love talking to the source myself and I did that both with Watanabe and Fujiwara. I hope that this is ok to post here as I know that some of the vendors here also sell his knives.

Anyhow, I ordered the Nakiri with his signature "finger rest", but he did send it without. Not worth sending back with the shipping cost and all. I would keep it, but I'd rather trade it for something different to try out another knife. It's a gorgeous knife, no doubt about it. Pretty good size for a Nakiri (I don't like small Nakiris)

I have problems uploading pics, but you can see the knife here. I will try again uploading pics later today ...

http://www.teruyasu.net/products/detail_12.html

And here:

http://shop.knifewear.com/fujiwara-maboroshi-nakiri-165mm/dp/1317

It does not have the western handle, but the octagonal ho wood with buffalo ferrule. I opted for that because I intended to have a custom wa handle added later ... and because I just don't like Western handles.

The knife has not been used at all. I took it out of the box to look at and put it right back. It has no damages that I can tell off, nothing really not to like ... but the fact that it doesn't have the finger rest, one of the features that intrigued me in the first place.

I am not looking for something specific in trade, very open to offers. I am fairly new as mentioned and want to try different knives to find my preferences.

Few specs I am looking for:

Carbon
Wa handle
Double bevel
something fun and good looking LOL

Please let me know if you have any questions, again: will try posting pics later today.

Suggest that if you want to trade your knife - you take a picture of your knife and post it. I use 'dropbox" but there are a bunch of sites that will host your pics. (And if you're going to hang here, we like lots of pics)

Good luck.

Suggest that if you want to trade your knife - you take a picture of your knife and post it. I use 'dropbox" but there are a bunch of sites that will host your pics. (And if you're going to hang here, we like lots of pics)

Good luck.

Dave, thanks a lot. Will do! Just didn't have a chance, so I thought the links might've worked. But will take pics and upload on flickr or something later today.

I have a friend looking for a nakiri. If you're possibly looking to sell let me know how much and I can relay the info

Thanks! For find reason I thought it was the smith finish. I'll gsve to pass. Looking for one of those. Thanks did your time

Would you be possibly interested in a Shun Kiritsuke Blue #2 Core. It's cladded in stainless with pakkawood octagonal handle. I have two. One in 8" and one in 10". Pretty cool knives I'm just looking fit something smaller. Let me know.

I haven't heard back from Fujiwara. It was his mistake and I intend to get the knife the way I ordered it. If he's willing to give me a discount I am more than happy to pass along that discount to anyone interested in purchasing the knife I listed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back