Sale: Used Korin Masamoto Kizuna Yanagi 300mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korin_Mari

Reaction score
Hello,
I have an used and repaired Masamoto Kizuna Yanagi 300mm.

IMG_1065_zpslbno6z4n.jpg

IMG_1064_zpsnvg9gffg.jpg

IMG_1063_zpsadkd84ou.jpg

Reason for return was how delicate the blade is. It is a hongasumi style blade made out of white steel #1. It comes with an authentic Masamoto cover.

There are no issues with it other than minor scratches on the mirror finished spine and the handle smells a little fishy from usage.

Retail price: $1,150.00
Asking price: $500 or OBO

Thank you!

$1000 off? That's a pretty darn good deal! I'm tryin hard to resist, but temptation may be too much!

We repaired the shape a little, sharpen the blade, and straighten the body. Nothing serious since previous owner didn't have it for very long. We just made it presentable again. I think the worst of it is that the handle smells fishy and there is some scuffing. :)

Some more pictures if anyone is interested:

IMG_1076_zpsie2bqpor.jpg

The shinogi line moved up a little from having to repair it.

IMG_1066_zpsgzdhehre.jpg

It was actually repaired by Mr. Sugai (Korin's knife sharpener)'s master. He was training in Japan, so we shipped it over. His master saw it and decided to fix it up while Mr. Sugai was working on something else.

IMG_1071_zpsxcxaonpv.jpg

Picture of the ura.

IMG_1075_zpsw3mdpffz.jpg

The worst bit of scuffing. It wouldn't be so noticeable if it wasn't mirror finished on the front.

$1000 off? That's a pretty darn good deal! I'm tryin hard to resist, but temptation may be too much!

Doh! I thought I saw the Original retail was $1500. Sigh :oops:

That said, still very tempting!!

Hi, has this been sold yet? I might be tempted when I visit you in August.

Back