Quantcast
Maker's Mark Oppinion Needed - See Picture Attached - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Maker's Mark Oppinion Needed - See Picture Attached

I love the Duluth area, especially along the North Shore. I was just there in early July.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    I love the Duluth area, especially along the North Shore. I was just there in early July.

k.
    It's weird to see the remnants of industrial prowess it once exhibited. But the lake Superior is absolutely gorgeous. I wold love to spend time there in the summer.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I think "Westchester NY" would look great--just like your avatar description. I have some straights that say "Worchester, Mass" on them or just "Worchester" or "Sheffield" and it's a very cool thing. "New York" has been hijacked by the city name, and the state will never be anything other than "NY" to those of us outside. New York brings to mind Broadway, immigrants, tall buildings, Jay-Z, Saturday Night Live and 9/11. Not exactly screaming "craftsmanship". But "Westchester, NY"...now that sounds like a city full of furniture makers, whiskey distilleries and Constitutionalists.

Thanks for the tip. Will sleep on it and revisit tomorrow. I thought about it briefly in the beginning, but decided it was too long. With NY abbreviated, it might fit

Glad you're keeping New York. In all my years living elsewhere (never New York) I never met anyone who hated it enough to resent buying something made there. Maybe they wouldn't visit, but New York is a world class city as is Paris and London.

Your target customers are cooks with money. They love Cut Brooklyn, why not Tsourkan New York?

Quote Originally Posted by mano View Post

Your target customers are cooks with money. They love Cut Brooklyn, why not Tsourkan New York?
    Indeed, why not? Mine is a better knife I think. Just kidding. I let others come to that conclusion.

Westchester is a county, so to be more accurate, I would have to put Fleetwood (hello Dave!) as a town I live and my shop is located (it's a suburb of a city of Mt. Vernon). Will try that.

M

Fleetwood is a bad idea. All those mid-westerners who resent the monied city folk who drove big Cadillac Fleetwoods back in the day.

Can't you just put a lid on your snooty attitude M?

well, I can't. In fact, I am putting together three logos for you guys to vote on. I can't make a decision.

All right folks, I need a helping hand one more time. I have had three logos made and would like you to pick one that will end up on my knives. I am a Libra by birth and completely incapable of this kind of decision. I like three of them equally. All three have a meaning for me. BTW, those diamonds in the first logo represent twisted steel (courtesy of Devin Thomas - the walking encyclopedia on steels).

So here are the three logos. Don't hold back.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new logo.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	1275

Name:	LOGO1.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	1280

Name:	LOGO04.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	1277

I appreciate your feedback!

Well the first circle reminds me of the old US Steel logo and the triangle definitely reminds me of the radiation symbol. I think your original design looks the best.