Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Maker's Mark Oppinion Needed - See Picture Attached

Maker's Mark Oppinion Needed - See Picture Attached

AT are initials of my first and last name. M (middle name) unfortunately doesn't fit well into a logo, so I am not going to use it. This is a work in progress, and I am exploring different fonts and sizes for the crest, but this should give you an idea how the logo would look in its final form.

All opinions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

M

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LOGO1.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	1273

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Looks good to me.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

My first impression is that it is a little "tight". Will the bottom line be legible when etched into the steel?
    I like the AT.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

I will have to discuss this with the stencil maker. I have never electro-etched before.

M

I like it. Nice fonts and it's compact.

Here is an improved version. Come to think, NY Yankees logo comes to mind.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LOGO2.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	1274

Hey Marko,

2 suggestions:

1. I'd rather see a font with sharper edges, Trajan Pro comes to mind, and we know it engraves well.

Example:

2. The logo: I'd look for a symbol before trying to get a combination of letters, it has worked great for Takeda (the heart) and Kramer (the 3 circles). If you want to use letter I'd try to stick to the "M" since you are already using it to sign your posts and your potential customers already recognize it as your mark.

Hope this helps

L.

I think it's very handsome and clean-looking. Hopefully, it works out well with the etching.

I like the clean look. Have you thought of just having a white 'M' (or 'A') in a black circle in front of Tsourkan? The criss-cross initials get a bit busy -- but not that much.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

The logo will look much less busy when reduced to the size, so I think much of the 'busy' look won't be noticeable. M introduces an extra variable and I tried my best to fit it in the logo, but could not come up with a good place for it. Not a big deal. I rarely use Marko outside forums.

Before coming up with this design, I considered using a Japanese crest with three triangles forming a larger triangle in a circle). My wife told me it reminded her of a fallout shelter sign, and after some hesitation, I let it go.

I have already spend much time coming up with the logo and making changes, so I will be glad when it is finalized and stencils are ordered. You won't believe how much time this can take.

Thank you very much for your input. You are not trashing the logo, so it must be not so bad.

M

PS: Drinky - yoiur signature is too funny. Just noticed. How about this one - marriages come and go, but a divorce is forever. Dry humor for the lucky ones.