Quantcast
Maker's Mark Oppinion Needed - See Picture Attached - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Maker's Mark Oppinion Needed - See Picture Attached

Well, if you're proud to be a New Yorker than you might as well put it on there. Who buys a knife for a logo after all?

Seriously though, if you weren't from New York I doubt you'd put "Dubuque" or Caledonia, or Naperville on there. *** is so special about NYC?

Just an observation.

I'm going to have to disagree with Salty on nixing "New York". Even though you don't live in the city when people see "New York", they're going to be thinking of NYC and there are a whole lot of truly fine products labeled "New York". With your skills at making handles, your knives are going to be very classy looking and there's no city in America classier than New York, NY.

Ever been to Gary?

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    Ever been to Gary?
    Yeah, but don't tell anyone. You just need to open up a restaurant in Hell's Kitchen.

You have to understand that after years of this business I've grown to hate people. NYC just has too many of them. It has to be difficult to walk down the street and not see one. They're all over the place!

I can't say I care too much for or against the New York in the logo. I like New York, actually. Regardless, the knife should "speak for itself," no? It looks good, Marko. If you're gonna write out your last name, maybe put your first two initials in the circle?

Less is more, as the snooty ***** used to say.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

You know me Marko, Love the Logo, don't worry everyone loves New York, and remember "New York is the city where the future comes to rehearse". Ed Koch.

Quote Originally Posted by mhlee View Post
    Lawndale? Really???!!! Is there an unknown knife making god in Lawndale???
    R.W. Loveless made knives in Lawndale, a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by eto View Post
    You know me Marko, Love the Logo, don't worry everyone loves New York, and remember "New York is the city where the future comes to rehearse". Ed Koch.
    OK, done. Ordering stencils tomorrow. New York stays in the logo until I move... probably Brooklyn.

@TK I find it difficult to combine letter M with other in the logo, so I have to drop it.

@Salty. I love Wisconsin and Wisconsinites even if they don't like New Yorkers. I would cheer for Packers over NY Jets, but that is another story

Been to Duluth.
    M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com