How NOT to make Guac (Graphic image).

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zwiefel

Reaction score
logo.jpg

oh boy.

i did something similar. opening oysters. i had a brain-fart. put the oyster knife down..picked up a paring by mistake. the ER doc sent me to a buddy that owned an oyster bar for a lesson. hahha.

it was pretty epic.

Can't be...avocado would be brown as **** by the time you got to the hospital...but great pic nonetheless:)

maybe he squirted some lime juice on it? :d

i think the side that retains the pit stays green longer. an elderly Mexican lady told me once to leave a pit or two in the guacamole to help it stay green longer. i dont know if it helps, but i do it to honor her. she told me this when i was six years old or so..it stuck in my brain,

Advocado? Oh, Danny, next time just stick to Indian food.

Advocado? Oh, Danny, next time just stick to Indian food.

Do you really think I own a knife like that? and that I'd use it for pitting an avocado? then post a photo of myself with said knife to THIS place? :nono:

Do you really think I own a knife like that? and that I'd use it for pitting an avocado? then post a photo of myself with said knife to THIS place? :nono:

Nah, but would be cool if you did though :knife:

Man the amount of force needed to go through your hand with a knife like that....

A doctor once told me that the most common kitchen knife accidents in E.R.s are from avocados

Indeed it maybe truer in L.A. especially considering the absence of decent bagels. The avocado is a tricky berry.

I have always taken seed out with edge of knife, knock on wood never been cut yet. A sharp edge without a lot of downward force will go in seed just enough to twist it out. Then swipe the seed on edge of trashcan comes off knife.

Problem is using too much downward force can split the seed sending knife into palm. Overkill without technique sends people to ER:knifed:

I have always taken seed out with edge of knife, knock on wood never been cut yet. A sharp edge without a lot of downward force will go in seed just enough to twist it out. Then swipe the seed on edge of trashcan comes off knife.

Problem is using too much downward force can split the seed sending knife into palm. Overkill without technique sends people to ER:knifed:

This is my goto video for showing people how to deal with avocados:

[video=youtube;dNJdJIwCF_Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNJdJIwCF_Y[/video]

Ooops, I meant this one:

[video=youtube;yXXb-KdKI_U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXXb-KdKI_U[/video]

Back