• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Suisin Dreamcraft ken-yanagi, 210 wa-petty, TKC gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bishamon

Reaction score
This is the last one, honestly :angel2:. Sorry for cluttering up the forum, lol. But hey, lots of good knife pictures.

The first one is a custom 330mm Suisin Dreamcraft kensaki yanagi in special white steel. It has a mirror finish above the shinogi line, and the yew handle with two horn ferrules. Has a saya. Great condition.
The blade was forged by Togashi Kenji, and is made of what they called shironiko A - basically a White2 steel with more carbon content than normal White2 but less than White1 (so it's like white#1.5?). It gets very sharp, much like white1. I have used it, but not hard. It has some nice blue iridescent patina below the shinogi line.
I ordered this one direct from Suisin.
Kensaki yanagi - $599 shipped CONUS

The next knife is a Suisin 210mm wa-petty (INOX honyaki line) with saya. I used it to finish melons and pineapple since it's thin and maneuverable but still long. Almost a sujihiki. Very light.
Petty - $140 shipped CONUS

The last is a 270mm TKC gyuto. It's the mystery steel that won people over for years, in a good length. It's semi-stainless so there is some coloration as you can see below, but no strong patina. The spine and handle has been rounded so it is very comfortable. Good condition.
Gyuto - $160 shipped CONUS

Right click to view fullsize.

IMG_3492.jpg

IMG_3499.jpg

IMG_3505.jpg

IMG_3503.jpg

IMG_3511.jpg

IMG_3514.jpg

IMG_3515.jpg

IMG_3529.jpg

IMG_3533.jpg

IMG_3535.jpg

IMG_3520.jpg

IMG_3522.jpg

IMG_3524.jpg

IMG_3526.jpg

Gosh Nathan, where were you two weeks ago. The money I just spent would have went to you.

Ya, I've gotten like 3 requests about the petty, but the other ones will likely be sitting around for a while.
There's a sujihiki and mioroshi still available, too, yall, haha.

This is the best gyuto for the money. Ichimonji's quality is great and so is the fit and finish. I am contemplating getting this, even though I have the same exact knife, other than a custom handle and a reprofiled choi. Forget all the other flavor of the month gyuto. This is the best thing, even for some gyutos north of $500. Someone gotta pick it up for this price.

Awe dang, I been eyeing a stainless 210 petty for a while. too slow!

That's a good deal on the gyuto especially considering the sharp edges are gone and the edge has no doubt been seen to.

And that Dreamcraft is stunning, I wish I had a use in the world for it.
I know you have a handful of nice yanagi this size, but it still saddens me when somebody parts with a beauty like this.

This is the best gyuto for the money. Ichimonji's quality is great and so is the fit and finish. I am contemplating getting this, even though I have the same exact knife, other than a custom handle and a reprofiled choi. Forget all the other flavor of the month gyuto. This is the best thing, even for some gyutos north of $500. Someone gotta pick it up for this price.

:word:

TKC gyuto still here, Yanagi still here. More pictures by request.

dreamcraft1.jpg

dreamcraft2.jpg

dreamcraft3.jpg

IMG_3558.jpg

I forgot, the yanagi also has a fancy wooden box. Ooooooh.

IMG_3563.jpg

Damn it, the box just might push me over the edge! ;)

Still mulling, still hoping someone will remove the temptation.

Ya, I've had a couple people say they are interested in the TKC in PM, but when I respond I've heard nothing back.

Oh finally,
Hate to see one of those sit on the for sale longer than it needs to be.

Oh finally,
Hate to see one of those sit on the for sale longer than it needs to be.

I just saw it for sale late last night, otherwise it wouldn't have lastest this long. I have the 240 from the KF group buy last year, it was my first serious knife and it's still sharp while many others I've bought since then have dulled. I love these knifes and I'm thrilled to get the 270.

TKC sold. Yanagi still here. ~$200 less than what it would cost new.

How much is that in handles? :)

Stefan

Want to move this yanagi - will take $550 immediately or consider a couple payments on layaway for $600.

Glad that's sold -- I have no real skill or use for a Yanagi, but those Suisin Dreamcraft knives in general are awfully beautiful, and maybe Yanagis in particular.

bishamon, I received my 270mm TKC gyuto today. Thanks for the great packing job, it arrived in excellent condition. The knife itself is exactly as you promised and I can't wait to use it.

Latest posts

Back