Amazon joins the "we have our own house brand of cheap, crappy knives" department

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good price for the block plus shears, discard the knives

The bread knife will work for a while and the steak knives will be functional. It is extremely cheap. Clearly not for knife nuts though.

Awful crap! Not only obviously of the cheapest quality, but also badly overground blades on the slicer, petty and parer with big hollow spot. And why, why doesn't the bevel on the chef's knife go at least all the way to the heel?

Eh, they atleast clearly state who they are marketing it to, college kids and newbies in the kitchen. You gotta start somewhere and unfortunetely the somewhere is not even shun for the every day person.

Eh, they atleast clearly state who they are marketing it to, college kids and newbies in the kitchen. You gotta start somewhere and unfortunetely the somewhere is not even shun for the every day person.

Victorinox, Mora, Tramontina - all decent.

The real world most people don't know much about kitchen knives at all. Many have dented soft german block sets they get at Macy's. My Doctor who likes to cook would buy walmart knives & throw them away buy new ones when they won't cut anymore.

I get decent knives for friends & relatives. Most I show basic sharpening & give them Jon's playlist address. Got my Doctor a Suisin Inox with a saya sharpened it for her.

Most people thinks it's ridiculous to spend more than 50 bucks on a knife

I thought for a while that a Zwilling or Wustof was suppose to be the best knives in the world

I thought for a while that a Zwilling or Wustof was suppose to be the best knives in the world

I spent days research and debating which lineup of the henckels I was going to buy :)

Finally a knife block full of steak knives! That's just what I need - to have six steak knives ready for action! :laugh:

I spent days research and debating which lineup of the henckels I was going to buy :)

Let me guess ... and then you found this forum. And the days of blissful innocence were over, just like that.

i'm now second-guessing every AmazonBasics product I've purchased.

Latest posts

Back