Quantcast
Feedback, Pictures, Videos, whatever! - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Feedback, Pictures, Videos, whatever!

I kinda wrote a review I think with a poor quality video? I've been using it pretty much nonstop since I got it, definitely one of the most comfortable and natural feeling knives I've used! As much as I like my other knives I keep coming back to this one. The only issue I've really had is the one section of the blade wedging on some occasions but I think it will be fixable! If anyone would like, I would be happy to answer specific questions, as well as attempt to make videos or take pictures wherever is desired. Let me know!

Hi Avishar, I had a tough time finding your video and it turned out you actually made a few of them. Here's the review post you did. Thanks again!

Oh and I hope it's OK that I re-posted them.

A few weeks ago I had posted about having difficulty cutting apples. Today I flew through some apples. I guess the variety makes a difference. I also cut some butternut squash and experienced some wedging and some interesting stearing. The stearing appeared to be towards the right going in, then it began moving towards the left midway up the blade. I don't cut squash very often, so I'll make a point to do more testing.

I'm happy to hear about the newest apples but not so happy to hear about the squash. If you do more of that please let me know what you find.

Thanks Aaron!

I guess I'll be eating a lot of butternut squash... I might have to make a new thread for winter squash recipes.

Quote Originally Posted by obtuse View Post
    A few weeks ago I had posted about having difficulty cutting apples. Today I flew through some apples. I guess the variety makes a difference. I also cut some butternut squash and experienced some wedging and some interesting stearing. The stearing appeared to be towards the right going in, then it began moving towards the left midway up the blade. I don't cut squash very often, so I'll make a point to do more testing.
    Interesting. My Martell suji is by far my best knife for butternut squash. Flies right through the stuff. Play around with different cutting motions, often with squash you can find a sweet spot where the motion and momentum of the blade will do the work for you.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Hi Avishar, I had a tough time finding your video and it turned out you actually made a few of them. Here's the review post you did. Thanks again!

Oh and I hope it's OK that I re-posted them.
    Nooooooo! :-P I had those videos as link only because I figured they would be of no use to anyone other than for comical entertainment at my terrible knife skills! If making them publicly searchable makes it for your benefit I'll be happy to do it I'll be sending her to you soon to see what magic you can work out on again! This time I will wrap the edge doubly to prevent another hole in the case!

Quote Originally Posted by obtuse View Post
    ...The stearing appeared to be towards the right going in, then it began moving towards the left midway up the blade. I don't cut squash very often, so I'll make a point to do more testing.
    Bizarre. I'll be interested to know if you keep on seeing that. I'd be interested to know what happens when you have someone else try it without telling them about the steering and see what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    Bizarre. I'll be interested to know if you keep on seeing that. I'd be interested to know what happens when you have someone else try it without telling them about the steering and see what they say.

It felt very strange. Hopefully it's something I'm doing and not the knife. Next squash I'm going To push straight down and observe the path.

+ Reply to Thread