Cast Iron Skillet

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

Founding Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help ID the maker of this skillet?

Thanks!

Don't really think so, It been in my family a long while, I am the 3rd generation caretaking it.

I'm not sure, but I have a #6 just like it.
I think there was a time when Erie had no makers mark, but I could be mistaken.

Just guessing but griswald(erie) would be my first gues considering the age. I also think they marked thier early pans with the size on the handle. ....Nice pan by the way

Hmm, a Wagner. Good catch, I was guessing a Griswold at first too with that marking on front and the handle style.
Looks like a nice a pan, them old ones usually have lots of pitting, good to see one so well cared for.

http://www.griswoldcookware.com/Items%20for%20Sale.htm
1004687.jpg
[/IMG]

Like to score one of these .
:thumbsup:

And possibly worth it. My mom has a collection of cast iron from her mother, my dads mother and various and sundry grandmothers and aunts. All old Griswold and REAL Lodge stuff, not the crap Lodge they sell at Cracker Barrel nowadays. She had a big new Lodge pan and the handle snapped off one day. It apparently had a huge void.
the set is only $3100.00

I have two Smart pans, from Brockville, Ontario. Honestly, they are my two favorite cast-iron pans. If any of you get a chance with one, TAKE IT!

Back