D. Martell Hiromoto AS Re-Handle Group Buy is ON!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
OK rather than sit around debating this I decided to just go for it. :)

See Hiromoto Tenmi-Jyuraku Aogami Super Steel (AS) Re-Handle Group Buy for details.

A few changes in pricing & options have been made this time around. The pricing is better than what was offered the last time. I added in blade thinning as an option yet some other options have been removed.

Included in the price:
Knife
Rounding of spine/choil
Re-handling with stabilized wood (your choice)
Sharpening Service (our specialty)

*Group buy will end when minimum orders needed are received.

If you have any question please feel free to ask.

Thanks everyone! :thumbsup:
Dave

Since I've never been involved with a group buy or even seen one take place I'm going to guess how this works. You click on the above link, make your selection along with your desired additional options and add them to your cart. You check-out and make a full payment. Once there has been enough individual orders placed, a mass order will be placed with Hiromoto. Then some time in the not too far future you'll notify the buyers to make their selection for their handles. Then we just wait until you're done with what ever work needs to be done and someday a package will show up at our door.

Does that pretty much sum up the whole process up?

... and someday a package will show up at our door.
Though the timeline for delivery, at least in my experience, wasn't completely vague or indeterminate. Dave was really good about keeping people posted with "the list" of orders, our place on the list, and how far along we were. I think my knife took about nine of the "8-12 weeks" I was quoted.

So we could have our knives by mid-November or at least by Xmas. That's close enough to the holidays that I could convince my wife that this is a Xmas present for me and she could take it and put it away until them. This sounds like a plan.

99Limited, are you Dan that I met at ECG this year, with the lovely wife?

Dave, if I wasn't set on two things: 1) Falling in love with wa handles and 2) getting one of your knives and an Ealy knife as my last two yo handled knife (well last two for maybe a month :) )

I would be totally on this. Great knife, Great Handle

Dave, if I wasn't set on two things: 1) Falling in love with wa handles and 2) getting one of your knives and an Ealy knife as my last two yo handled knife (well last two for maybe a month :) )

I would be totally on this. Great knife, Great Handle

I can respect that. :)

I believe that we've got 4 knives purchased so far. Remember, the earlier you get in line the quicker you get your knife. LOL :D

I really recommend Daves work on these group buys. But I honestly think he should offer etching as well. Then the Hiro look really badass as well!
Ive used mine since first group buy, and love it.

Well Im a happy customer, and great handlemakers deserve good feedback. It was a pleasure buying this from you Dave :) Offer etching for some dollars as well ;) I love your etched hiros :)

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0031.JPG

Like Oivind, I too have used mine, and enjoy it very much. People at work also ask to borrow it all the time, cause it makes everyone else's slicer seem short and dull.

Well Im a happy customer, and great handlemakers deserve good feedback. It was a pleasure buying this from you Dave :) Offer etching for some dollars as well ;) I love your etched hiros :)

I appreciate the feedback and what I really appreciate is how you were one of the first to take a chance on me with the handlemaking. Thanks :)

If I remember correctly it is teal dyed maple burl from Stefan.

Any idea as to when this might be closed? Trying to convince the wife it's a good idea. She is not convinced. I think the 210 would be perfect for me right now.

I'm sure it'll be open a few more days at least. The idea is to get enough ordered to get the discount but not too many to overwhelm me. Like I said though, it should be at least a few days still to go.

I wish! My new kitchen is pretty cramped and my 240 is a little big for the cutting board space. A 210 would suit me nicely and maybe with the handle my coworkers would move it out of the way before they set a sheet pan on it. I'm at day 4 of my new job and this has happened already...twice.

It's decided. 210 it is! Now we play the waiting game.

Will you have mosaic pins available for these handles?

Latest posts

Back