• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Super badass Rodrigue Damascus Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachem allison

Reaction score
Time to part with another treasure. This was made for me by my pal Pierre Rodrigue. I traded him some things I had quite awhile ago and let him do what he does and this is the result. You guys know me, I had many precious things that I would rather not part with but, I do what I have too, to survive. The precious things are becoming scarce these days but, I have a few left. I figured if anyplace was going to give it a good home this would be it. This is a one of a kind piece, there will never be another like it.

Random damascus pattern (i'm not sure what steels were used)
Hippo Ivory handles
white and blue turquoise spacers.
Mid 1800"s wrought iron from an old wagon wheel .

I'll measure the length and width when I get home but I'm pretty sure its 240mm give or take a few,
This knife has only been used once . I never took it to work because it would have walked away.

I'm asking $2000.00 free conus shipping . Unfortunately, I can't ship internationally as I don't know which countries have a ban on hippo ivory. If you know and still would like international shipping, pm me privately and we will figure something out.

hippo2.jpg

hippo.jpg

hippo3.jpg

hippo4.jpg

Damn Son, really sorry you have to put this beauty up for sale :-( You've sold a lot of cool stuff over the last few year, but this one tops them all in my opinion. But I fully understand -- you have to cover the costs for 2 people to attend the ECGs now!

I wish that was the case, brother. I'm even seriously considering selling all of Chef's old antique carbon knives as a set. That will break my already busted heart. I need to fix the ticker so I can spend as much time with the new missus as possible. She would be really pissed if I decided to split so soon.lol

Definitely out of my range, but what's the ring for on the end? Hanging it?

Not sure if this would really be used for cutting (too pretty?), but would that jingle around as you go?

I have had several strokes and the ring is there to attach a lanyard so i don't drop the knife. the ring does jingle and plays a melody when you first use it. The knife was made as a performer and is a great cutter. the hippo ivory is one of the toughest handle materials you can find. the turquoise is there for looks but, make no mistake this knife was designed to be used everyday in the kitchen.

Wow, I cannot believe this is still here.

Gorgeous knife! I am sure it's cutting matches its looks. The ring is unusual. I wonder how hard it would be to remove the ring?

I will take this if still available. Happy to pay cash for nyc handoff.
Alex

Yours if you want it, cash is always nice, you hand it to me, I hand it to the wife and she takes. care of business.

lol, just need her to start talking to me again. Three weeks of silence is annoying especially when I know i didn't do anything wrong.lol

Don't worry, it all balances out. There will be days when you will really wish that she would be silent, and believe me she won't be :D

Bump! Back on the market , waited for the guy to show up with the funds, never came , won't answer pm's. Hope everything is ok. In the future if you change your mind or something comes up do not be afraid to say something. Things happen, I understand but, don't leave me hanging. I just lost 2 potential sells because you decided not to follow up. That is not cool.
$1500 you pay the shipping world wide.

Goddamn, if I had the funds freed up right now I would. Let's hope someone out there gets it soon.

Back