• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Monzento

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cheflivengood

Reaction score
Selling a recent purchase from JNS:

http://www.japanesenaturalstones.com/monzento-a656/

This is a nice big stone. The slurry is thick and looks and feels like milk chocolate. I have sealed it on all sides and bottom with shellac, there is some white streaking and spots in the shellac that can be sanded out but I don't have the sandpaper, it doesn't effect anything anyway. This stone leaves a nice even finish on hard steel but is scratchy on soft steel, thats why im selling it as I have a red aoto thats finer. There was a small inclusion in the middle that I dug out, needs a little bit of flattening. If you like naturals for double bevels then this is a great pre polisher, and I have no problem jumping to this stone after a 400, it is fast. Bought for $300, Selling for $225 + Shipping.

20150423_182638.jpg

20150423_205154.jpg

20150423_205206.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back