Seattle knife show

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric

Reaction score
I am surprised no one has posted about this amazing event. I went on Saturday and boy was it a treat. Bill Burke, Murray Carter, Mike Radar, David Lisch, Mareko., Ian Rogers, the Derosiers, plus a ton of others, all with knives for sale and available and happy to chat. I hope some will post pictures it was incredible!

Saw few snapshots from Marekos IG account and got to see some of Bill Burke's , looking forward to see more pictures

Picked up a couple of parers, also quench oil from Kelly Couples. Last week had the pleasure of learning heat treatment of 52100 from none other than Bill Burke, hosted by David Lisch at his Studio 4 Forge in Seattle. :)

One by Jim arbuckle, another by Andrea Lisch. If anyone knows who won the awards, I would be interested, as I know what I liked best. Thx. Eric

Adam Desrosiers won the award for best kitchen knife. Did anyone here get to handle his? I posted a pic of his wife, Haley's, integral damascus wa gyuto on the new makers thread.
Mareko Maumasi won People's Choice, and Dave Lisch for best fixed blade for a bowie that I'm still waiting to see a pic of.

I'm interested in hearing from those who attended the show what they thought of Bhakti Sa's knives, there are some great looking knives on EE at the moment. Definately similarities with David Lisch & Mareko Maumasi.

Cheers

Bhatki's knives are really nice looking and very well made. Not surprising they resemble those two makers as he is apprenticing with David currently, as did Mareko.

Adams knife was my choice too! Incredibly light in hand, a true laser. It was w2 but with finish I'm not familiar with- forget the name but it was a forced patina that is quite dark, and I guess commonly used by non-kitchen knife makers. The blade was hr 64!

Latest posts

Back