Well, this sucks!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shameful. Hopefully the knives can be identified since they're high end (200 knives at $200k = $1000/knife) and presumably have individualities (Damascus pattern, unique Hamon, hammer marks, etc).

Something similar happened here with a bunch of Canada Goose jackets; apparently they caught them pretty quick as they (drumroll) put them on kijiji

They definitely have unique stuff. I love their Instagram page. Wonder where they will try to sell them, I'm sure they will be recognized. Hope they get caught.

"Apparently every single one of their knives is engraved with kanji saying that the knife was made specially for the vendor."

Stupid st1t thieves. they stole something that they though was a commodity but in reality was art with a signature.
It would take years to liquidate those knives in a manner that would not attract attention.
I am surprised the knives did not slice themselves out of the pillowcase and leave a trail of blades to follow.
Most thieves are not that smart!

They will be caught in short order!

"Apparently every single one of their knives is engraved with kanji saying that the knife was made specially for the vendor."

Stupid st1t thieves. they stole something that they though was a commodity but in reality was art with a signature.
It would take years to liquidate those knives in a manner that would not attract attention.
I am surprised the knives did not slice themselves out of the pillowcase and leave a trail of blades to follow.
Most thieves are not that smart!

They will be caught in short order!

Probably - to really traffic in those knives, they'd have to find a ton of buyers willing to be complicit. As sites like this one demonstrate, word travels fast in the community. Meanwhile law enforcement will be watching pawn shops and the usual e-commerce sites. These guys basically took a bunch of hot product that can't be unloaded without serious risk. Whoops!

Forum members can help I assume by being on the lookout for knives bearing the special engraving. Maybe one of the mods could reach out to the vendor and get a few samples to post?

I assume the engraving should look something like this . . .

2q88pox.jpg

(from the website)

Probably - to really traffic in those knives, they'd have to find a ton of buyers willing to be complicit. As sites like this one demonstrate, word travels fast in the community. Meanwhile law enforcement will be watching pawn shops and the usual e-commerce sites. These guys basically took a bunch of hot product that can't be unloaded without serious risk. Whoops!

I can think of a couple of ways to do it. If you take them anyway out of the country it is easy sail from there. Nobody will bother with a knife internationally. But I doubt that thieves with brains would bother taking risks for such petty sums.

Private collector job maybe?

Hollywood glamorizes smart crooks. There are intelligent thieves, however most are not that smart & do dumb things all the time.

Back