From San Francisco, Cali

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadDurrr

Reaction score
Hey all,

Ended up here while researching the web for new kitchen cutlery... and very glad I did :biggrin:. This has opened up a new world to me.

Glad to be here and thanks for all the great info I will soak up in advance.

MD

welcome and please let us know what you end up getting.

Hey all,

Ended up here while researching the web for new kitchen cutlery... and very glad I did :biggrin:. This has opened up a new world to me.

Glad to be here and thanks for all the great info I will soak up in advance.

MD

Welcome. I am in the bay area as well. This place is addictive and dangerous. I spent way more on knives than I could have ever imagined in the last few months. Get out when you still can. :justkidding:

If you haven't already, check out Bernal Cutlery in the Mission, Josh and Co have a great selection of Japanese knives. Galen, at Towne Cutler in Nob Hill, has more American makers available and is making his own knives that he gets heat treated from Mastersmith Aaron Wilburn. Both good places to handle some knives before making any purchases.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.:D

... and thanks for the tips LeperoftheFaith. I can be a bit picky when it comes to most things, so I'll definitely be trying some knives out in hand before some of the larger purchases I plan to make.

Back