• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

250mm Marko practive gyuto 52100, 10" Ray Rogers 01 chef knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachem allison

Reaction score
here are two more.

first up
Marko 250mm practice gyuto in 52100 with rosewood handle.
Its a Marko, what else is there to say.
Great cutter. It is currently in Phoenix but, will be shipped out from there. I'm going to have to charge shipping for this as somebody else is mailing it. $250 plus $10 shipping conus

marko3.jpg

marko2.jpg

marko1.jpg

next up
Ray Rogers 10" chef knife in 01 with stabilized black ash burl, red liners and copper rivets.

This was my first custom chef knife. Ray made it for me about 16 or 17 years ago. Ray is kind of the grand daddy of high end American custom chef knife makers. He actually made a chef knife that didn't look like a camp knife on steroids. Unfortunately, blade geometry and thin behind the edge was not the norm for the day. The edge bevels were measured out at 45 degrees. a couple of years ago TK59 requested I send the knife to him and he would regrind it for me and thin it out, so that he could win a bet with Marko that he could do a better grind . TK ground it sent it to Marko to get it cleaned up and I got it back 2 years later. I have to say TK did a good job and Marko even grudgingly under his breath may have said it was a better cutter than his, possibly maybe he wasn't sure.

So basically, I have a knife made by Ray Rogers, improved by TK59 and cleaned up and polished by Marko. This one is also in Phoenix right now.
$250 plus $10 shipping

rogers1.jpg

rogers2.jpg

rogers3.jpg

rogers5.jpg

rogers6.jpg

rogers4.jpg

Hot Gothic Girl with Cleaver (2).jpg

PM sent on the cleavage------I mean cleaver-------I mean............................

Back