More affordable moribashi?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnxiousCowboy

Reaction score
I really want to pick up a pair of moribashi chopsticks for when I work. I use my japanese co-worker's before and they are ****** great for cooking and plating. Seems like there is nothing under $50 that has metal chop stick with wooden handle. I don't need a buffalo ferrule or anything fancy. Anyone know of a place that has more simple and cheaper moribashi?

I bet someone here could make them easily at a decent price and move a lot of them... I know a couple people who would be interested at my job ;)

Na dude. Get a pair from Jon for around $70. I got some with black handles and they are gangsta. I use them all the time for stuff that doesn't even necessarily call for moribashi to be used. I say they are something thats worth a bit of an investment.

I say make em. Pen blanks are cheap, and worst that can happen is you screw em up and find out why they are $70.

I say make em. Pen blanks are cheap, and worst that can happen is you screw em up and find out why they are $70.

Yeah I figure the hardest part will be making the handles nice and round... I'm sure patience and my belt sander are all I need, though...

Just spend the $60 dude. I love mine. Worth every penny for the amount of use they get.

You live in NYC go to China town on Canal street and hit one of the Markets there. There is one I do believe on Canal and Mulberry or mott. they got some ducks and ceramic sake cups hanging in the window, go down stairs and you can find any chopsticks in the world and a bunch of knives too. great prices. Can't tell you the name because I can't read .lol

hey did you find your moribashi? I didn't get a chance to go to China town last week but I am going later today. If you want I can pick one up for you and drop it off where ever your new job is.
sachem

Damn too bad I missed this message! Still haven't gone over there to find the place with the ceramic ducks!

Thanks anyway, though

Damn too bad I missed this message! Still haven't gone over there to find the place with the ceramic ducks!

Thanks anyway, though

no problem, I am there at least twice a month. I'll look around see what I can find. I hear that someone opened a chopstick shop that only sells chopsticks. I'll see if I can find it.

Back