Sous Vide Anova arrived and tested today!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cashn

Reaction score
Recieved my anova v1 today, was gunna hold off for a sale but I found this site http://masstore.net/Anova-Sous-Vide-Immersion-Circulator-120V-Circulator-Cooker-Black?keyword=Anova $149.00 shipped. Was kind of leery about the site itself and such. I ordered Saturday and package showed up today, place is apparently in Houston so only 4 or 5 hours away from me. Seems legit, manual, perfectly fitting box and stickers are correct. On/off button isn't the most perfectly situated, just have to push it in towards the top for a perfect clicking on/off. Anywho I started running hot water when I saw the fed ex truck and had the anova circulating within minutes of unboxing. Ran to the store to get some pork chops and found a recipe on the anova site itself using cider. Cider, course Dijon and garlic went in the ziplock with the chop. One hour at 140 and took them out. Wiped and had to wash a little, course mustard not the best idea, granules got stuck in the meat. Some S&P, a little cider garlic syrup and seared in a cast iron. Best pork chop I've ever eaten I think. Texture reminded me of eating a comparable beef cut. Grudgingly saved the second one for my girlfriend when she gets home hehe. Down the rabbit hole I go!

Congrats! I love my Anova and use it at least once a week. Wait till you do pork ribs...............

I've heard salmon is good, most pictures leave something to be desired to me but I will def. give it a try. Not like it will be bad, I just like my salmon with a crust and rare, atleast when I think of salmon as a plated entree. From what I've seen Sous vide salmon almost makes me think of it as a hot sashimi or something. This machine def. leaves much to be learned and enjoyed!

I've had great results with my Anova, try to use it for something once a week also. If you are a fan of soft cooked eggs they are a must try, took me couple test runs to figure out exactly how I like them done but the results are heavenly! Not over cooked chicken is also a wonderful thing.

Found this time/temp chart when I was starting out and found it much better than searching for other peoples recipes.

https://d3awvtnmmsvyot.cloudfront.net/api/file/tVHBOGPzSoCC3PpAo78h

Chefsteps has a couple takes on salmon that are very good. 104f is outrageous. 127f plus sear is more traditional texture and is (almost) impossible to muck up.

Latest posts

Back