Refrigerator Project....

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zwiefel

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to move, and get some things out of storage. This includes a nice refrigerator that got dinged up during the move to storage. It looks something like this:

images

But it's got about 12 dings and scrapes in it. I'm looking for some kind of an art project along the lines of Kintsugi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kintsugi) to incorporate this damage into something...well...artful. Anybody have any ideas for designs? materials? techniques?

Z, On my screen the pic is smaller than your avatar. I can see two doors and what is prob an ice maker. Do we need to see dings? Other than that I've no business in a discussion that involves art, creativity, imagination.

Z, On my screen the pic is smaller than your avatar. I can see two doors and what is prob an ice maker. Do we need to see dings? Other than that I've no business in a discussion that involves art, creativity, imagination.

Yeah, I couldn't find a good photo from Google images...but that's not my actual fridge anyway...it's in a storage room in AR...this is just the same model as mine to give an idea of what it looks like new.

Cool idea Danny!
Another idea might be to fill the dings, sand the scratches and paint it with blackboard paint. I've seen a few old rusty fridges painted like that, i like the look, and you can make up your shopping list as you go.

Cool idea Danny!
Another idea might be to fill the dings, sand the scratches and paint it with blackboard paint. I've seen a few old rusty fridges painted like that, i like the look, and you can make up your shopping list as you go.

This was one of my ideas for sure...blackboard or dry erase...maybe buy a big sheet magnet with that surface and cut to fit!

Back