Carter questions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oivind_dahle

Banned
Reaction score
Questions

1: Does he brand his High Grade Funayuki series with "MS"?
2: Why does Stainless Fukugozai Series have all kind of logos while High Grade Funayuki series only got Carter-logo?
3: Anyone know when he got the next sale?

Questions

1: Does he brand his High Grade Funayuki series with "MS"?

No.

2: Why does Stainless Fukugozai Series have all kind of logos while High Grade Funayuki series only got Carter-logo?

I don't know for sure, but I'd speculate that it's to keep someone from polishing the blade of an SFGZ to pass it off as a HG.

3: Anyone know when he got the next sale?

If they do, they're not saying.

Not all the SFGZ have all the logos. I recently purchased three of them and they only have the Carter on them.

definitely buy... been using my 5.0 sun SFGZ at work for the last month and a half... the edge lasts a very long time... very easy to sharpen... cuts like a dream... planning to sell some of my knives to buy a 6.5 sun if one is available soon...

Apparently he is working on a big batch of kitchen knives right now, per his newsletter - 100 or so hg series with new handle options - and he might have a sale celebrating his move to a new location. As strange as it sounds, might make sense to wait...

Rumors :) Gotta love them.
I want something extraordinary from Carter, so Ive sent a mail to his apprentice. If damage is not to bad, prepare for some really cool pics :p

I want something extraordinary from Carter, so Ive sent a mail to his apprentice. If damage is not to bad, prepare for some really cool pics :p

Don't be a tease!

I got a 240mm IP gyuto in White steel, with a bad ass taper(2.8mm thick at the handle, soooo thin at the tip) and nice grind from a him about 8 months ago. He'll do exactly what you want. It was a good long wait though - 18 to 20 months, I think. Price wasn't too bad when I locked in. If I were to guess, its gone up a bit.

I got a 240mm IP gyuto in White steel, with a bad ass taper(2.8mm thick at the handle, soooo thin at the tip) and nice grind from a him about 8 months ago. He'll do exactly what you want. It was a good long wait though - 18 to 20 months, I think. Price wasn't too bad when I locked in. If I were to guess, its gone up a bit.

Pics or it didn´t happen!!!! :)

I was invited up to Murray's place middle of September.
I haven't asked permission yet, but I was going to see if it was ok to take some photos of the shop and such.
I will do my best to try to get some insider information for you guys.

Anything you want me to ask when I am there?

I was invited up to Murray's place middle of September.
I haven't asked permission yet, but I was going to see if it was ok to take some photos of the shop and such.
I will do my best to try to get some insider information for you guys.

Anything you want me to ask when I am there?

Sell him some of your wood so he can put some good handles on his excellent knives. :wink:

Where's the fun in that, Rick? What would I do with all my (yeah right) spare time?? :D

Back