what knife is this?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karif

Reaction score
An old roommate gave me this but wasn't sure who made it, any help indentifying it would be appreciated greatly.
p5pb12251701.jpg
p5pb12251704.jpg

Sorry man I'm new to these forums, but you just put the images URL between IMG /IMG with brackets. Or is it different here, I can see them on my phone.

Can anyone else see the pics?
I faintly remember my roommate buying a bunch of used knives from Japan, store told him it was tabboo for chefs to pass down their knives as part of their soul is attached. Sounded like ******** to me, but what do I know.

Could someone point me to another forum or database that has a long list of knife makers kanji?

Could someone point me to another forum or database that has a long list of knife makers kanji?

A really good idea! I'd like to see one as well.

pics are fine.

There a thread here, but I'm mobile so maybe someone else can point to it?

Thanks Tjangula, nice to see there are two, would be nice to consolidate the information?

Well it didn't match any of the co kanji on the second thread, an couldn't identify the first or last kanji on the first thread... Any Japanese readers that could help translate? Are either of those threads active, would they be worth posting in?

I recall seeing other threads where members have translated, but they were individual posts (not to the two threads posted above). In keeping with the same methodology, I suppose you could repost this with a new title such as "help translate kanji" or similar. The threads are technically "active" unless they are locked, but sometimes resurrecting an old thread gets mixed feelings, as everyone who replied to it will likely receive a notification depending on their settings. I also agree with chinacats about the consolidation, in that case it should only be editable by a select few to keep it as a "library" rather than a q&a

Back