Newbie alert

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parody

Reaction score
Long time lurker here, will shortly be posing buying questions!

Currently owner of I.O Shen oriental slicer, 180mm Takamura R2 Migaki and a white label Damascus finish bread knife.

Cheers!

Welcome, ive been looking at takamuras stuff. How do you like it?

It's incredibly thin (1.6mm) and light, balance is on the bolster. It has a slightly fragile feeling to it, which at the same time makes it feel like a formidable weapon for fine slicing and dicing. Push cut sharp from the box with ease.

It's an excellent price, from what I can see, for a powdered edge.

I'm not fussed by the lack of Damascus appearance as so many knives in the higher price ranges sport, it has its own beauty in the handle colour and engravings.

Can someone advise me what sub forum to post a knife buying advice question in? Along with some brain spill of things I've been thinking about regarding construction and metals in general!

Awesome, just awesome. You can post in thé kitchen knife subforum. Theres a little outline they like you to fi out. Its pretty good and nice knife im gonna buy one as ive been looking at it for awhile.

Back