learn cooking to be a warm person

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clairelv

Banned
Reaction score
i am new here ,i like cooking especially cook for my family . i always remember a word from my hubby who is not a talktive man :" usually ,a one who loves cooking is a greater and warmer person . " i know it is not totally right but i feel that makes sense ! so ,i want to be warmer !!lol .....

everyone here is warmer one !!!!!!!!!!

Claire's story resinates with me. I cook at home for the love of sharing flavor and effort with friends and family. My father impressed me with his creativity for guests or just for his wife...I've learned to do the same and feel more at ease cooking for friends than sitting and socializing among them. Without cooking I would be considerably less warm.

As a home cook trying to find my place in this forum, I've discovered that much of what I do is from a vastly different perspective than the professionals who make up the forum community.

I can't help but think of Abe Maslow and his theory on intrinsic motivation. If you do something that you love and it becomes your job...that love with be lost in time. I'm sure cooking has strong motives for those masters who do it day in and day out, but in my case, cutting a few veggies with a Jknife for my friends is a thrill...cutting a few crates of veggies for patrons who I'll never know...far less so.

To Ecchef
On the island, number six reminds us that we are all prisoners of our own making.

Still, I ate a pepper biscuit this AM and it brought back warm thoughts of a beloved Italian grandmother. The rest of the tray ended up on my desk with the invitation for coworkers to do the same.

I am always a warmer person when I cook. My stove is a vessel for the raw sun's energy. The truth of this is that anything is possible. Had I not seen it from the beginning and thereby bled of its magnitude, it would appear to me for what it is. A fire that is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning. There is no noon and the grease shines and reflects from the unknown face painted crimson by the unholy light. Fumes cloud the air.

From this heat, the blood vessels swell, the skin cries, and I become greater.

The Kato separates and I am whole.

The patrons turn their heads. Nervously over their shoulder they look, thinking "Hombre loco..."

I am glad I am not alone.

Oh, then I was mistaken. Sorry, English is not my first language.

Back