Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Some handles available

Sorry guys, I have slept away most of the weekend... All PMs should be answered now, please contact me if I overlooked anything.

Just to catch up on the status of the handles above"

#s 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12, 16, & 17 are SOLD.
    #19 is SPF.
    #1 is a bit unclear right now but I think it is still available.

I have packed up most of them but fell asleep again before printing the shipping labels, planning to do that tonight.
    Thanks,

Stefan

Hey Stefan, sorry to be a PITA, but did they ship? Really hope this works for my nakiri. If not, I'll just have to buy another 210mm gyuto for it!

I like #3

Ecchef in prior thread mentioned how well Stepan's handles hold up in pro kitchens. I could not agree more. Both of these handles were mounted 7 years ago and saw considerable action putting out banquets.

The Takagi Honyaki got from Japan woodworker. Had a cheap handle with plastic collar. It is a thick blade, from the spine it drops straight down till you get to the grind. Almost like a chisel grind. Takes a razor edge on the stones is tough with good edge retention. I used to split Lobsters with chinese carbon cleavers the edges would take a beating if too thin. The Takagi plant the tip middle of fins on tail rock down middle of shell if whole lobster choke up one more cut through the head. Also great for shaving the leg shell on one side for access and popping the claw. Would two hand the flat blade for chopping up herbs.

Aritsugu blue Yanagiba saw plenty action banquet platters of sashimi and sushi topping. The curly koa, honduran rosewood handle was easy to clean after cutting lots of fish. The blade was looking a little ragged with use I misted the soft iron with the Gesshin Jinzo Aoto

Both these handles buffed right up to a nice polish after years of use.

Here's one that Stefan re-handled for me about 5 years ago. Gifted to my Sous last year.
    This beast has had the crap beat out of it every day in pro kitchens with no failures aside from a stable hairline crack in the lapis.
    I'm talking Chuck Norris tough here.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moritaka.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	28100
    “Though I could not caution all, I still might warn a few; Don’t lend your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools.” Robert Hunter

From the photos you can barely tell they're used in a pro environment. As a home user mine should hold up forever (now I just need to send Stefan the specs for my third Watanabe...)
    "A dull knife means you're a ******* loser" – Matty Matheson

I see a ton of Stefan handles on well used knives and the handles always look just about as good as new. His finish is top notch and well suited for the pro kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    I see a ton of Stefan handles on well used knives and the handles always look just about as good as new. His finish is top notch and well suited for the pro kitchen.
    Your installs of those handles are just as top notch. I've yet to have one fail.
    “Though I could not caution all, I still might warn a few; Don’t lend your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools.” Robert Hunter

Thanks for the plugs, guys, and sorry for delayed responses. Spent my time between day job, hanging around photo forums, and sending out around 70 knife handles. Almost done with that, the last ones should go out tomorrow. Only 40ish more to go...

Stefan

Got mine today and it's stunning. Thank you, Stefan!