Trying again...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Loftis

KKF Vendor
Reaction score
Trying to upload pictures again. These are a little misleading, because 19 of the 20 outstanding orders right now are hard maple. I'm really curious about that, by the way. Not sure if it is a pricing thing, an aesthetic thing, or a perceived functionality thing... might do a poll on that at some point. The one with the Carter knife is maple, the chocolate-colored one is quartersawn walnut, and the one with the white feet is black cherry. Cherry darkens over time, so it will get a warmer/richer brown over the years.

FullSizeRender5.jpgFullSizeRender3.jpgFullSizeRender2.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

[email protected] just bought a knife I don't really need (but have been lusting after for a couple of years)...nice-looking boards!

Wow, nice job! Those are definitely beautiful boards and look like they might have just come out of Dave's shop. Thank you for continuing the business -- I am sure your boards will be the standard by which all others are judges, as were Dave's.

Beautiful Boards...so glad to see the tradition continue!

Thanks for the board John! I just opened up my package for the walnut board and it looks amazing. I'm pretty busy at the moment, but I'll make a post about it with more pictures of the board when I get back next week. Sorry John, those do not do it justice haha. It is beautiful. Thanks again for all the help.

That is the most stunning walnut I've seen. John, I shot you an e-mail about a possible custom maple butcher block table, but I'd happily pay more for a thick walnut slab if it comes out like that. LOL.

Thanks much, guys. One of the things David and I spent hours and hours talking about when he came to Dallas was grain direction in butcher block. It's not always possible, but when we can, we try to have the grain flow in a particular way in our cutting boards.

When all the boards in a block are quartersawn, it really gives a cool effect. But... only about 1 in 10 pieces of hardwood lumber end up being quartersawn, so it's not something I can do too often.

Shipping out 17 new boards tomorrow... putting in some really long hours. Glad I'm married to the shipping department...

The cherry board in the last two pictures arrived at my house a few days ago. I am very pleased with the finishing and function. Guys, those two fellas made a hell of a cutting board for me. I think we can rest assured we still have a great source for our cutting board needs. Thanks, guys.

Latest posts

Back