Quantcast
NYC Trip
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NYC Trip

NYC Trip

Hey guys, I am heading out to NYC in a week and wanted to get some opinions on your favorite restaurants and knife shops etc. Korin is the only nice knife shop there that i know of, any others I'm missing? Thanks!!

Mike

Knife shops are few and far between in NYC these days. You might want to try Broadway Pan Handler but Korin is still the one true knife destination. The selection will dazzle you but just don't expect to find a bunch of discounted bargains there.

Yea i have been to Korin a few times, one of those places where i love to look but haven't made a purchase yet. Anyone know if the Korin brand knives are any good?

Mike

If you are interested in high end customs you might try Mastersmiths at 403 East 58th. I don't remember if they had any custom kitchen cutlery or not but it wouldn't surprise me these days.

The shops to visit in NYC for cooks/chefs

Korin is a cool place to visit and definitely worth checking out if your looking for Japanese knives and table top items
    JB Prince has little of everything for the pro chef in terms of equimpent: Cutley, utensils, cookware, molds, etc
    Kitchen Arts and Letters is the place to go if you wanto shop for hard to find cook books
    Kalustyans is a cool Indain spice shop and worth checking out if your interested in spices and ingriedients

Broadway panhandelr is a nice shop but has a stonger emphasis on the home cook IMHO

Restuarants abound in NYC ...do you have a cusine in mind? ....price point?

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Korin is obviously the main knife destination, and my favorite restaurant (by far) in NYC is http://www.elevenmadisonpark.com/
    The lunch is quite reasonable, and still exquisite.

Line cooked it spot on. Where are you staying and how much do you wanna spend?
    Music--Food .:':. Dancing--Eating

I haven't been there for a while, but what about Zabar's, are they still around?

Stefan

At korin ask them to show you the Shiki locked in the drawer. That's if they still have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    At korin ask them to show you the Shiki locked in the drawer. That's if they still have it.
    This sounds really interesting, so i will have to check it out. I am staying with my brother in Brooklyn, but will be spending an equal amount of time in Brooklyn and Manhattan. I am wide open to any interesting restaurants. I really enjoy asian cuisine, BBQ, steakhouses etc but like i said i am open to anything thats worth stopping at. Price really doesn't matter. Probably go out for one or two expensive meals and keep the rest in the mid range. Thanks guys

Mike

+ Reply to Thread