Quantcast
NYC Trip - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: NYC Trip

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Per Se puts a dent in your wallet for sure, but EMP lunch is something that shouldn't be missed

I will have to stop by Peacock Alley, i have been to The Bull and Bear in The Waldorf a few times, they have killer french onion soup that i cant pass up on.

Quote Originally Posted by Line cooked View Post
    Momofuku Ssam:A menu inspired by what the chefs there like...i respect the ideal and like the food
    Quote Originally Posted by mattrud View Post
    What? Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Line cooked View Post
    Am I that off
    Line cooked, you are not off at all. Ssam bar is great, I went this past memorial day and it was amazing. One of the best meals I have had in a restaurant.

Mattrud was just joking around, he actually works there.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Matt is saying that because he's a chef there, yeah, I havent heard anything bad about any of chang's places.
    Music--Food .:':. Dancing--Eating

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    Per Se puts a dent in your wallet for sure, but EMP lunch is something that shouldn't be missed
    I'm going to have to check this out, especially since I just found out an old friend of mine left Corton to work lunch service there...
    Music--Food .:':. Dancing--Eating

Per Se's tasting menu puts a hefty dent in the wallet for sure. But while it's no bargain like JG's lunch menu*, the a la carte salon menu with most dishes around $30-40 isn't too bad, especially considering service (which is exceptional) is included and you still get amuses and mignardises even if you just order a couple of courses.

For my money (hah), the kitchen at Per Se is the best in the city -- a class above JG, EMP, Le Bernadin, and Daniel.

* Speaking of bargains, you might want to check out Del Posto's excellent prix-fixe lunch. The room's a bit stuffy and the service isn't that warm, but for three courses at $29, it's the best high-end dining deal in the city. The desserts there are terrific.

That's pretty stiff. $40 will still get you a 10 oz fillet, strip or Delmonico with either a salad or onion soup and a side dish at Bern's Steak House in Tampa.
    Quote Originally Posted by dehory View Post
    Per Se's tasting menu puts a hefty dent in the wallet for sure. But while it's no bargain like JG's lunch menu*, the a la carte salon menu with most dishes around $30-40 isn't too bad, especially considering service (which is exceptional) is included and you still get amuses and mignardises even if you just order a couple of courses.

For my money (hah), the kitchen at Per Se is the best in the city -- a class above JG, EMP, Le Bernadin, and Daniel.

* Speaking of bargains, you might want to check out Del Posto's excellent prix-fixe lunch. The room's a bit stuffy and the service isn't that warm, but for three courses at $29, it's the best high-end dining deal in the city. The desserts there are terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by dehory View Post

I don't know about you but I was pretty surprised when Sifton gave Del Posto such a great review. Obviously restaurants are entirely based on personal preference, but I haven't met anyone who thought Per Se was the best out of the five you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    I don't know about you but I was pretty surprised when Sifton gave Del Posto such a great review. Obviously restaurants are entirely based on personal preference, but I haven't met anyone who thought Per Se was the best out of the five you mentioned.
    Even though Del Posto isn't even my favorite Batali/Bastianich restaurant, much less one of my favorites in the city, Ladner is unquestionably one of the city's great chefs and I think the lunch prix-fixe is a pittance to pay to eat his food.

Funny you should say that about PS because I haven't heard anyone say anything to the contrary before. What would your pick be for a NY restaurant in its class?

I think EMP is the best in New York right now, I also think both Daniel and Le Bernardin are better than Per Se. The most interesting food is probably at wd-50.