Quantcast
NYC Trip - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NYC Trip

Now we have a start point

Steak house: Peter Lugers in Brooklyn, but it is tough to get a resi....It is the old school steak house in NYC
    Asian: Kuma Inn is Filipino Thai inspired Tapas...some what hidden location in lower east side of manhattan
    Ramen: RAI RAI KEN...one of the first all Ramen spots in NYC. It has been overshadowed a bit by the RAMEN onslaught in NYC, but still one of my favs.
    BBQ: Since your in Brooklyn Fete Sau it is cool location with a nice Bourbon selection...Hill Country in Manhattan. Both Good places, but pricey for BBQ
    Diner: In Williamsburg....it is a bit of a hipster hang out, but he food is solid, the place is funky and the market driven menu changes daily....I love the burgers there
    Vinegar Hill House: also in Brooklyn in the Dumbo/ Vinegar Hill Section great American dishes with french flare
    Momofuku Ssam:A menu inspired by what the chefs there like...i respect the ideal and like the food

Fine Dining:
    11 Madison
    Corton if you have a pension for the unusual
    Ai Fiore

Thats what comes to me quickly....I will see what else my stomach remembers and post it

Quote Originally Posted by Line cooked View Post
    Now we have a start point

Momofuku Ssam:A menu inspired by what the chefs there like...i respect the ideal and like the food
    What? Really?

nyc trip

You should try these guys. they have a pretty good selection of knives. I think Morimoto is a partner here.

Japanese Culinary Center

711 Third Ave. NYC, NY 10017
    (Entrance on 45th St. between Second and Third avenues)

Tel. 212.661.3333

Fax. 212.661.3335

There is Cut Brooklyn (in Brooklyn of course). Their knives come up once in a while, but it seems that few have actually held them. Also, Brooklyn Butcher Blocks has cutting boards that might be nice to check out. Again, I don't know if anyone on this forum has one of those boards. I've also thought of taking some butchering courses/demos from Fleisher's. I just need to find time to get there and hang with friends.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Thanks guys, lot of good tips. I am going to stop by Cut Brooklyn to check it out, i am curious to see what the shop is like. @ Line Cooked, I looked up some of those places and they sound cool, will be stopping by Fette Sau for sure.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman91 View Post
    Thanks guys, lot of good tips. I am going to stop by Cut Brooklyn to check it out, i am curious to see what the shop is like. @ Line Cooked, I looked up some of those places and they sound cool, will be stopping by Fette Sau for sure.

Mike
    Very Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by mattrud View Post
    What? Really?

Am I that off

coincidentally i just went to hill country for the first time. It was decent. I heard fatty cue is decent too, from the people of fatty crab, but haven't tried it first hand. It's a tad pricey but Takitori toto is really fun and good. And i'm still going to preach Robertas, I love that ****. If you're going to do some meat shopping, check out Meat hook, I just cooked some pork belly from there last night, good, and a cool shop as well. I'm going away for about a week this next week, but maybe we should have another meet depending on when you're coming and who's around; still pissed i missed the last one....
    Music--Food .:':. Dancing--Eating

oh, and as for Chinatown check out Great NY Noodletown (get the Singapore chow fun and shrimp dumpling soup) for really really good cheap Chinese food in a shotty restaurant. Also Joe Shanghai's for soup dumplings.

And my favorite restaurant in the city; Cafe Katja. Get the liverwurst, a pretzel, the sausage sampler, and a stein of Gosser.
    Music--Food .:':. Dancing--Eating

i second the fatty cue suggestion, if you like smoked everything. the sliders at fatty crab are very nice and it's a little cheaper than the cue. i've been using this website called savored in which you pay $10 to make a reservation and get 30% off of your bill. no printouts, just make the reservation, show up and give your name. i've used it in both fatty cue and crab.

i've also heard great things about fete sau.
    -thiago