newbie in Chicago (and Hawks fan, natch)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Having been turned onto KKF by members Mr. Drinky and Vesteroid at our online wine hangout, wherein there has been a knife discussion for about 18 months, I signed up a few weeks ago.

As a semi-pro (9 years in the deli biz from 75–84), and sole home cook for my wife and me, I have managed to avoid injuring myself, while slicing tens of thousands of pounds of product on an assortment of Berkel slicers, and cutting an equal amount of sandwiches with an assortment of incredibly dull knives, and being under the influence about 50% of the time. :shocked3:

In the interim, I managed to pretty much ruin an assortment of Germans on a Chefs Choice sharpener, which were somewhat resurrected by the fine folks at NW Cutlery. But I caught the bug.

The aforementioned discussion and my months of lurking here have resulted in an embarrassing blizzard of purchases since 11/2014— three stones, a diamond flattener and five knives... I contend that the $4 Victorinox parer does not count. And just yesterday, a chunk of balsa at a local art supply store and some diamond paste from Cap'n Martell. My sharpening skills keep improving, knife skills not so much.

This is a lovely place to visit, and I welcome myself heartily. :cool2:

We welcome you too!! I may need to jump on that vino site one of these days.

Welcome. I'm looking forward to the end of the week when one way or another I can start liking Chicago again....

(May get started 2morrow)

Welcome. Any friend of Drinky is a friend of mine.

daveb, with the great nucleus you have, if the Bolts stay healthy, a Cup will come.

And thanks for all the welcomes!

That's what I have been saying as a Caps fan for years. Tampa had a great run but in the end seemed to lack the grit needed to win a SC. He## I would be happy with making it to the finals!!!

Anyway congrats on the SC win robzilla and welcome;).

Back