Larger Nakiri

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chicagohawkie

Reaction score
I have read more than a few posts of those who are looking for a larger sized Nakiri - me included. Well, I thought I'd let you all know that I just received a 195mm Nakiri from Teruyasu Fujiwara, more specifically the Maboroshi model. It's just what I've been looking for. About an inch and half larger than a standard 160 Nakiri. Still relatively light weight and nimble, cuts the larger veggies such as cabbage, lettuce heads, peppers and large onions in one chopping pass. Constructed with white #1 steel hardened to 64-65 Rockwell covered in a stainless cladding with a hammered finish. Price is decent as well, about 250-260 shipped to you directly. My go to chopper from here on out. I could post some pics if anyone were interested.

Always interested in pics, including choil shot please.

Yes please, the Nakiri is the only missing piece in my Maboroshi collection! Although TF built me a custom 150 Nashiji Nakiri for little tasks...a real garlic killer! The Maboroshi no Meito are fantastic knives when well executed.

Myself, I'm enjoying my Toyama Noborikoi Kasumi Nakiri 210. Length 210 mm, Height 65 mm and Weight 272 grams. So it's a rather heavy blade, but perfectly balanced for me in my pinch grip. Carrots, beware. :)

Here are some pictures along with some other nakiris I have. Also a choil shot.

https://drive.google.com/folderview...I5N2ZYUVo5N0ZkdGtQUUJMbTRpNjFTc0E&usp=sharing

Nice pics of Nakiris you have there, especially the the nice handled Shiro Kamo. An unsung hero is his AS Nakiri in a kurouchi. For the money it's quite good.
Cheers.

I just got the product email. Check out the newest Carter nakiri. It's a monster - 220mm, 61mm wide, and 227gms, with a price tag to match. Those looking for larger nakiris might be interested.
http://www.cartercutlery.com/7-26-sun-kuro-uchi-series-nakiri-mixed-hardwoods-227grams/

Oh my, his kurouchi line looks great! Considering how many are out of stock, I suppose others think so too.
Look at how far up his secondary bevel goes… nice.
Price? yea, well, I'm of the opinion that in tools and art, one should buy exactly what they want/need and let price only be a hinder if you don't have the $$. How many times are you at the car dealer and they talk you into the xyz option package for an extra 5k? This sum-biatch is hand made and I bet no one would ever regret buying it.

Back